PDA

View Full Version : Mineral Deposits

imported_sarge
09-17-2001, 10:51 AM
Currently I am in the process of correcting a Mineral Deposit spot mess that appeared the morning after an application of KSG.

If you have read my previous post (my plea for help with spots), I applied my first layer of KSG after a 24hr set of AIO. Being forced to park overnight outside, I awoke to white nickel size dried spots all over the car.

ShowroomLincoln diagnosed the problem as mineral deposits caused from the dew that dried on the vechical, and suggested using a vinegar wash on the finish.

I have vinegard a portion of car and that help a little, but did not totally correct the nickle size etching that still appears on the finish. I guess the next step is a light polish job.

MY QUESTION IS......after I spend the time to correct this darn problem, if I still have to park outside, will I go through the same thing again after I strip Klasse with the vinegar wash and re-apply it?

I can not believe I would be having this problem if Klasse was not applied. Do I need to Biltz wax it also, right after the KSG application? My wife`s car (also parked outside) is not experiencing anything like this, and she just has the Ford clear coat finish.

What are your thoughts? Thank you for any help!

Jeff

Northville, MI

BradE
09-17-2001, 11:06 AM
I would try a second application of the vinegar to make sure that all of the minerals have been removed from the spot. The edges of the spots maybe starting to etch, which is why the vinegar did not totaly remove them. Try a very mild abrasive like 3M SMR to remove the edges of the spots.

Try to wipe any water off of your car as soon as you can to prevent water spots. Once they dry on the finish, they can be a major PIA to remove.