PDA

View Full Version : Zaino Help

07Cayman
09-12-2001, 03:47 PM
I`ve just ordered my first batch of Zaino.

Question I have is it seems a lot of people mention only using

Z1 and Z5. What about the Z2?

Is it neccesary? Why do some choose to omit it.

Thanks for the help.

Brad B
09-12-2001, 04:01 PM
Z2 has a higher optical level than Z5. Think of Z2 as being super, super "clear". Z5 has fillers in it to hide the swirls and because of that is not quite so "clear". You can use either Z2 or Z5 entirely by themselves or mix and match.

The forte, so to speak, of Zaino is it`s high optics so most folks tend to stick mostly with Z2 for that and use Z5 as needed to manage any light swirls.

adjulian
09-12-2001, 04:01 PM
Z-5 is the first non-abrasive polish that will eliminate swirl marks, fine scratches and spidering, without hurting the integrity of the clear coat. It does this in stages, anywhere between 1 to 3 applications. Z2 is the show car polish that lots of us here like to end with i.e Z1, Z5, Z2, Z5, Z2 because it will produce a super high wet-looking, durable gloss. Some believe that Z5, depending on the color, actually produces a better shine on their car. Ultimately you decide which one in the end is best for you. I love my Z2!!

Brad B
09-12-2001, 04:13 PM
adjulian...

Actually, Z5 does not "remove" swirls. It helps hide them by utilizing fillers to level out the recess of the scratch.

DETAILKING
09-12-2001, 04:15 PM
Z5 seems to look better on lighter cars in my opinion. Either way you can`t go wrong!

adjulian
09-13-2001, 06:42 AM
actually that language about the Z5 comes from the zainobros.com website. Should have put it in quotes and prvided a source :) But thank you for the clarification for me as well about how the product `really` works.

New knowledge is always greatly apprecitaed.