PDA

View Full Version : Washing Brush Recommendations?

Dave N
09-10-2001, 09:24 PM
I want to buy a brush to wash my truck with this winter. If it`s above freezing at all, I put on a pair of tall rubber boots and some rubber gloves, get a bucket full o` suds and go to work! I was using a flow-thru type brush from Wal Mart on my previous car, but I`m afraid this cheap brush will scratch the clear coat on my new truck. I`m looking for something with a long handle so my hands don`t get wet.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

rmccall6
09-10-2001, 09:49 PM
Even $60 boars hair brushes scratch more than a wash mitt. How bout just a big chenille wash mitt instead.

bmerjorge21
09-10-2001, 10:18 PM
I`d check out the "chenille mitts on a stick" at Target. It might be just the trick.;)

ISLANDSBEST
09-11-2001, 04:23 AM
Don`t use a brush!! Maybe there is a safe one, and maybe some other members know of one, but I do not recall seeing a favorable report on a wash brush.

Greek Guy
09-11-2001, 09:18 AM
Don`t risk scratching your paint with a brush, get a chenille mitt.

Dave N
09-11-2001, 11:18 AM
OK, seems that the consensus here is against the brush. I`ll check out that mitt-on-a-stick at target.

Thanks all.

YoSteve
09-12-2001, 05:09 PM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Dave C. [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>"chenille mitts on a stick"[/b]</blockquote>
sounds yummy :p

I`ll have to check that one out.

pingiii
09-12-2001, 06:19 PM
I use a heavy cloth glove, in a heavy rubber glove, with a chenille mitt, to wash my truck when the temp. is around 50 degrees. (yes, I do use the two bucket method, also.)

When the temp is between 35 and 50 degrees, I use the chenille mop on the extendable wand. I also bought extra bonnets, and put more foam on the square pad at the end of the stick.

Because of the salt and dirt on my truck in the winter, I will use up to 5 bonnets to clean the whole truck. I rinse and then garage and dry.

I always machine wash the chenille bonnets and mitts every time I wash my truck, summer or winter.

I have also found that I can QD down to about 35 degrees and it does a very good job. You might have to go over it again a second time with another MF towel, to really buff it out, but it works. Enjoy!