PDA

View Full Version : Paintless Dent Removal???

Dave N
09-05-2001, 08:47 PM
I just got a door ding in my 4 month old truck, and went to a paintless dent removal place today to get an estimate ($85). The dent is about the sice of a 50 cent piece. Can anyone tell me the good and bad of this type of service? Would a regular body shop do a better job?

BTW, the dent was a result of my 9 year old niece opening the door of my dad`s <strong class=`bbc`>1 month old truck[/b] into mine! So I guess I can`t be too upset...

tonysandiego
09-05-2001, 10:07 PM
I can vouch for the paintless dent repair process. My wifes `98 Acura CL was caught in a hailstorm, my fault, and had dimpels on virtually every panel on the car. State Farm set up a disaster crew and had hundreds of cars go through their inspection. They handed me a check for $6200!!! and said that I could go where ever I wanted to get the repairs done. After a lot of research, I decide to let Dent Wizard take a shot at it for a mear $2700. I was astonished at how the car turned out. You can not see <strong class=`bbc`>ANY[/b] signs of repair or damage. This was a couple of yeas ago, as the car was only 5 months old at the time. Yea, I heard about this for many months, and now don`t even ask if I can drive her car.

I would strongly suggest this process over sanding, priming and painting. If your car is a metalic color, they probably won`t get a good match anyway. Just make sure you go to a local business that has been doing it for a while. There are a lot of fly-by-nights that just travel around to make a quick buck, and their work usually shows it.

flatstastic
09-05-2001, 10:39 PM
Definatly go for the Paintless Dent Repair, I use the Dent Wizard (`http://www.dentwizard.com`)

They are very good, and nationwide. You will be amazed att he results a good pdr tech can achieve.

imported_Homer
09-05-2001, 11:32 PM
Definitely check out PDR places in your area. Don`t just stick to Dent Wizard, as they are a franchise. There are many other sources that you can check. Ask your dealership who their PDR guy is and ask for the contact info. Sometimes they will do it for less that what your dealer will charge.

I would use PDR over body work...hands down! When choosing PDR places, I would suggest asking coworkers or people in your area for recommendations. Look up places in your phone book and do some calling!