PDA

View Full Version : Funny Smell In New Beetle

Pages : [1] 2

bigron62
06-06-2004, 11:17 PM
i just extracted the interior of a 2000 new beetle with fabric interior..has a very strong smell like wax or crayons .. its real strong .. i extracted the heck out of this thing with my mytee hp60. it was so hot it was burning my hand .. loaded it with fragrance ... i even did the headliner twice .. didnt faze it .. is this a problem with these cars or is this an isolated case .. also any advice on how to get rid of this odor without on ozone machine .. its not coming from the vents .. :bigscream :ranton :dunno :dunno

Beemerboy
06-07-2004, 09:09 AM
RON

Are you using the extractor on the head liners? I hope not the heat from the water will melt the glue holding up the fabric.

As for the smell it might be the rugs and seats are wet still and get a mold smeel until they are dry

Bob
06-07-2004, 09:24 AM
Probably just the odor of the new car. The material in those interiors, if I remember correctly, are not your standard fabric. The Honda Element is the same way in my opinion.

Ferrarislave
06-07-2004, 01:03 PM
Almost all cars do that. My Jeep when the carpets where extracted smelled like chorline it went away though.

bigron62
06-07-2004, 01:47 PM
i think i better re phrase this .. the car smells & thats why i used the extractor..

denverdetail
06-07-2004, 02:51 PM
Smells are funny,
We always try to compare them to smelling like something similar even though we know its really not that something similar that`s causing the smell and they really aren`t that similar.

and

We always want to know what causes them but would probably wish we didn`t know if we really knew what did!

denverdetail
06-07-2004, 02:54 PM
It`s kinda like farts. We all take a few sniffs and aren`t grossed out until we realize its a fart. Bigron, just think, you probably sniffed and sniffed to identify what that smell was. If you knew, would you really want to know?

Sorry, not detail related, just though it was funny.

Beemerboy
06-07-2004, 02:56 PM
BigRon

Go to your lcaol P&S guys and get a order bomb. Its like a room fogger that might do it, sounds like its embedded into the material of the car.

Question did this order just appear or is this something that has been in the car since new

bigron62
06-07-2004, 03:34 PM
my neighbors ex girlfriend had the car and then she was out of the picture .. new girlfriend noticed odor and wants it gone .. it smells like candle wax or crayon .. so strong that the smell sticks to your clothes

Beemerboy
06-07-2004, 03:37 PM
Pull the seat unless you can see under well. Something melted in the car or something along those lines and was not remvoed all the way

freedre
06-07-2004, 05:25 PM
I was told that sometimes workers on the VW assembly line will die on the job. To avoid paying death benefits, the company will stuff the dead bodies into the trunks of the new cars and send them to America and let someone else deal with them. Maybe this is what happened to your Beetle. Check with the factory and see if they have any missing assembly line workers in 2000.

Oh come on. I thought this was hilarious.

Beemerboy
06-07-2004, 05:33 PM
ha ha ha ha

Totoland Mach
06-07-2004, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by freedre
I was told that sometimes workers on the VW assembly line will die on the job. To avoid paying death benefits, the company will stuff the dead bodies into the trunks of the new cars and send them to America and let someone else deal with them. Maybe this is what happened to your Beetle. Check with the factory and see if they have any missing assembly line workers in 2000.

Oh come on. I thought this was hilarious.

Now that....is funny ROFLMAO :lmfao

bigron62
06-07-2004, 07:21 PM
is this payback for the NU-FINISH stuff ive been posting lately ... i can take it as well as dish it out:lmfao :LOLOL :lol :shift :naughty :rolling :rolling

bigron62
06-07-2004, 07:24 PM
maybe i should have tried this:beat :lmfao :lmfao :phone: :phone: