PDA

View Full Version : Starting over

Don
06-06-2004, 10:10 PM
After a while of letting the car go (adulthood obligations stink), I decided to start from scratch on the car. Today was phase 1. I debadged the car (Chevy bowtie from the hood/trunk and the CAVALIER emblem, also on the trunk). I used fishing line, and GOO GONE with a microfiber to remove everything.

After that came the questionable dish soap wash and claying (wash the car, rinse, then rewash, use the clay and re-rinse).

Tomorrow I plan on going full boat. DACP followed by #82 Swirl Free Polish. After that I`m debating between NXT or #20 sealant, perhaps even topping one of those with some #16.

Decisions, decisions.................

Rusty Bumper
06-06-2004, 10:13 PM
What!!...No #81?! :-p

zesty-man
06-06-2004, 10:57 PM
goo gone is truly awesome stuff. disherwash liquid, dunno about that.........

Don
06-07-2004, 05:50 AM
Originally posted by Rusty Bumper
What!!...No #81?! :-p

I know...I should be flogged :lmfao Plus I should get :beat for dropping the clay bar into my gravel driveway...at least I was able to clay everything but the front bumper before I did it though.;)

kimwallace
06-07-2004, 06:44 AM
Originally posted by Don
I know...I should be flogged :lmfao Plus I should get :beat for dropping the clay bar into my gravel driveway...at least I was able to clay everything but the front bumper before I did it though.;)

HINT ...
Next time divide your clay bar in half if a small bar or fourths if a large bar. I do this and store the unused portions in a zip-lock.
That way when I drop the piece I am using or it gets contaminated beyond use, I still have more clay and the smaller sizes seem easier to use for me.
Just an opinion!

Don
06-07-2004, 06:47 AM
Originally posted by kimwallace
HINT ...
Next time divide your clay bar in half if a small bar or fourths if a large bar. I do this and store the unused portions in a zip-lock.
That way when I drop the piece I am using or it gets contaminated beyond use, I still have more clay and the smaller sizes seem easier to use for me.
Just an opinion!

That`s what I had done...but unfortunately it was my last piece :(

kimwallace
06-07-2004, 06:52 AM
That sucks !!!