PDA

View Full Version : What`s the best cotton chenile wash mitt?

08-14-2001, 09:23 PM
I`m in the market for a new wash mitt - I prefer the cotton chenile over the sheepskin - I`ve used the Viking, the Detailer`s Choice and the Snow White - is there a better brand than these? If so, what is it and where can I find it? thanks

Footy
08-15-2001, 04:18 AM
I have been very happy with the chennile mitt(s) I got from Snake (Tim) at tacscar.com - they are quite large and hold a good quantity of soap.

I try not to think of the poor chenniles that were sacrificed in order to make the mitts :)

Texunchief
08-15-2001, 05:06 AM
I have not used chenile, but I do have the sheepskin mitt offered by Tim. I used it for the first time today, and it is great. If you change your mind about sheepskin, I recommend Tim`s.

Tschus

ISLANDSBEST
08-16-2001, 03:52 AM
Has the group found sheepskin mitts to be a little dangerous?

I understand that the theory is that dirt that can scratch the paint will tend to remain on the surface of a sheepskin, whereas it might to up into the nap of a cotton mitt.

ihetenyi
08-16-2001, 06:38 AM
I know its pricey, but I have found the cma microfiber mitt to do a great job as a wash mitt. Very gentle on the surface and it does a great job of pulling dirt and grime away from the paint. It also seems quite durable.. I have used it for the past three months (washing 2-3 cars weekly) and it is holding up much better than my chenile mitts or sponges.

Don2000g
08-16-2001, 08:38 PM
I`ve gone on record many times already praising Tim`s chenille wash mitts. Very nice in my opinion. They are large and suprisingly, this is what some people don`t like about these mitts. In addition, these mitts are very soft. You need to feel one to really appreciate it. The only bad thing, which is really not much of one, is the longevity. I usually get 4-6 months before I toss one out. Not that bad really. But some may think so. Laters