PDA

View Full Version : XJ6...1997 body style....Detailed.

CrobarCars
06-06-2004, 10:20 AM
This was an absolute pleasure. However, the paint was marred with cobwebs & swirls (thousands of them), scratches of varying depths.

Here was my Game Plan...
Meg`s #83 DACP
Klasse AIO - just because I like it! LOL!
Meg`s #80 Speed Glaze - this is a very nice product!
S100

Originally I wanted to break open a sealent, however thought the Glaze and Carbuna would assist in expanding the paint a bit more than a Polymer. I`m not sure if this logic is correct, however, I knew the Glaze and Carbuna combo would help out these issues.

I was able to remove a substantial about of cobwebs which made a temendous improvement to the final outcome.
http://www.nitrousworld.com/pictures/Im000517.jpg
http://www.nitrousworld.com/pictures/Im000516.jpg

I used the S100 Wheel Gel, AIO, a bunch of 100% cotton swabs, and a can of "Spinach" for that Popeye effect....Lots O` muscle to get these babies to shine....
Rims Before...http://www.nitrousworld.com/pictures/XJ6...........1997.jpg
Rims after...http://www.nitrousworld.com/pictures/Im000513.jpg

PS~I love my PC (thanks Dwayne for hooking me up!)...

Agent Phonar
06-06-2004, 10:50 AM
Great job on the detail!!!!
That is one sharp lookin car!!!

Clean Dean
06-06-2004, 01:33 PM
AWESOME !!! I love the look of that Jaguar. Any interior pics ??? I love the elegance of the Jaguar interior.

CrobarCars
06-06-2004, 02:07 PM
Agent Phonar and Clean Dean ~ Thanks for the kind words. I was hustling on this job as the customer had a prior committment, and it needed to get done. Unfortuneately I was unable to capture any interior shots as my camera case was not closed and when I picked it out....Disaster struck....At least these few pics remained. I may be able to capture a few next week - with another camera, as I will see the customer again.
The interior was in excellent condition , however the dash and leather seats needed a good replenishing. I used 303 Aerospace protectant quite liberally all over the selected areas and it was just absorbed immediately. It also brought back just enough "color" without being glossy....
Since the leather in this model was not cleat coated, I needed to use something other than the Lexol conditioner being a water based product. You can ue the Lexol cleaner, then apply the Connolly conditioner.
I used the Connolly Hide Care conditioner. The instructions state to use minimally and work in well. I used it liberally. I had to! You could see it just soaking into the leather. I used just less than half a jar, let it sit for 6 hours as I detailed the exterior. As I went in to buff out any excess....there was nothing there. It was all absorbed. The leather felt soft. Absolutely no greasy , oily, after effect. In fact, the seats were "squeaky" to the touch. It has a VERY mild cleaning effect. In fact, Connolly actually is the manufacturer of the leather used for the Jag`s.

edschwab1
06-06-2004, 04:47 PM
Nice looking car. I really like this body style of Jag.

Just curious as to why did you AIO then #80?

Eric

f1guy68
06-06-2004, 05:35 PM
Sweet Job Crobar!

That Jag looks super amazing and you really did a bang up job on it! I`ve been looking at the pictures on and off all day, and I realize the efforts you have put forth! It really looks incredible!

Great choice of products and a great plan of attack! It worked!

I can look at those pictures, as I do with other pictures posted here, and tell you that I honestly feel the satisfaction in a car that turns out so beautiful!

Keep up the excellent work Crobar!

91LSMAN
06-06-2004, 09:21 PM
Great Job!!!!

CrobarCars
06-07-2004, 12:27 AM
Eric - She is a beauty. I chose AIO after the #83 only because I really wanted it in the mix and once I glazed I would be shut out from using it. The client wanted a more reflective look. I wanted the paint iwth the AIO look realizing #80 also has abreassives, I figured if anyof it remained and was not taken off that would do. The glaze most definately predominates the car however, reflectivity is a constant as well. S100 helped to accent that point I`m sure.

CrobarCars
06-07-2004, 12:29 AM
F1 and 91LSMAN - I appreciate your support. It was nice to have a car large enough to contort my body to get all the nooks and crannies clean!:lmfao

TraderB
06-07-2004, 07:57 AM
CrobarCars,
What pad and speed did you use on the PC with the DACP? I am always looking for insight when I see a great job! Actually, were all products applied with the PC also?

CrobarCars
06-08-2004, 12:32 AM
TraderB - Meg`s Yellow Polishing Pad at speed 5. Thanks for the nice compliment. #83 x 2 passes per panel, #80 were applied by PC...AIO and S100 by hand (they are simply to easy on/off products).

EZ Boy
06-09-2004, 08:39 AM
Yeah, PC`s rock - Rotary`s rip ;) Top job. Luv jags. Done well my man!