PDA

View Full Version : InteriorCleaning Questions...

rstype
07-16-2001, 11:16 PM
I`m helping clean up one of my parents car, a 1995 Volvo 940, and I have a few questions you experts might solve. The first one is....

1.) The front seats have sheepskin covers, and are getting a bit dirty, dusty, and worn. How would you recommend me to clean it? By liquid Tide detergent or a stain remover? Any special tips?

2.) The car has vinyl seats with cloth inserts. The vinyl sections have areas where the black dyes seemed to disappear. Anyone have a dye for vinyl you recommend?

3.) There are also some crayon marks on the vinyl. Dawn wouldn`t remove it, and I`m afraid of using the 3M cleaner. Anyone have suggestions?

Thank you very much in advance. I appreciate your input.

~BW

P.S. Anyone heard of Forever Black of Black Again? The Volvo`s bumper is all black, and 303 doesn`t want to soak in. Would you recommend these products to dye the gray and brown bumpers back to black? Thanks....

07-17-2001, 02:16 AM
Black Again in the white bottle = good, Black Again in the black bottle = bad.

The company went out of business and sold the name, hence the new product doesn`t hold a candle to the old product.

Lexol Vinylex, Aerospace 303 on your dirty vinyl with a microfiber towel.

When you say the black part of the vinyl seemed to have disappeared, do you mean faded? Have you tried cleaning these vinyl portions?

Take the sheepskin covers off, and wash them. How, I`m not sure. Go to a store where they`re sold and see what the directions say.

Hope some of this helps.

rstype
07-17-2001, 05:14 PM
The vinyl seats sort of have "cracks" of beige color on the black, but you cant exactly feel the cracks. Since my dad bought the sheepskin covers from a nearby Volvo dealer, I`ll check with them. The 3-year Genuine Volvo accessory warranty evidently is over.

Thanks for your advice. Any others?????

~BW

Btw, the rear tail-light was recently smashed, so it got replaced. Unfortunately, it was a part from an older Volvo, and the tail light plastic (polycarbonate?) is darker than the other size. Anyone recommend a product/technique to restore these lenses? I think Huy recently posted something for yellowed headlights...

rstype
07-19-2001, 04:25 PM
Anyoneeee else? The Volvo dealer said just to vacuum and brush occasionally. Thanks in advance!