PDA

View Full Version : Why can`t people make a turn and use ONE lane?

ka1srs
07-03-2001, 12:05 PM
You know...you make a right hand turn into a 2 lane road and the person coming the opposite direction making a left hand turn comes barreling at you.

Like TURNING the wheel and STEERING a car is so hard. These jerks have to take slooow, swoopy turns and OWN the road.

I love it when these people give you a look as if you`re wronging them.

ALM
07-03-2001, 05:24 PM
Your forgot steering with one hand and talking on their Cel-phone with the other. :)

corvettez
07-04-2001, 08:58 AM
How about the ones that pull right out in front of you at the last minute so you have to break nice and hard only to turn right off again onto the next right turn? All you can do is shake your head in disbelief. After all, it`s their road and their the only one on it!

TiCoup
07-10-2001, 01:25 PM
Steve, I saw an even better one a week or so ago in a Civic. Cigg in her left hand which was hanging out the window, cell phone on the right shoulder piched in between her shoulder and ear, right hand on the manual shifter and her knees on the steering wheel. I wanted to drive beside her for a while to see how she operated the clutch and shifter while being so occupied but just passed and got in front of her, way in front of her;) Oh the things you see looking down from an SUV.

Jman, I think most peole can handle turning and steering, its adding the additional complication of using the turn signal that really messes them up:)

soontorn_chawal
08-11-2001, 11:55 PM
About a year and a half ago I was driving on a winding road behind a woman who was applying makeup. She continuously looked at herself in the rear view mirror as she applied blush, lipstick, etc... She kept veering off the road so I decided to hang back a bit. On one particular curve, while doing her eyeliner, she hit the guardrail, startled herself and totally overreacted. She put her car into a spin, crossed the center line into oncoming traffic and deposited her car onto a steep incline. Fortunately the oncoming traffic was able to avoid her.

I stopped to make sure she was OK and she proceeded to tell me that her car went out of control all by itself. I tried to tell her that she went off the road, hit the guardrail and then put the car into a spin but she found this inconceivable. Since no other vehicles were involved I just kept my mouth shut and left.

boywonder
08-15-2001, 02:55 PM
Don`t get me started on people who make turns like Mack Trucks with a sleeper and a 53` trailer whilst driving a Geo Metro.

It amazes me how they can make a small car turn that wide. :rolleyes:

YoSteve
09-13-2001, 10:55 PM
right turns are easy!!!!!

it`s left turns people can`t do, most people can`t "hold back" just a little longer before making their left turns crossing that the white stopping line and the solid yellow line (the double laned left turns are even worse!) :)