PDA

View Full Version : Water Bandit To Dry Car - OK?

g37mt6
06-25-2001, 08:29 PM
Well, I just received my Water Bandit today. Looks (and feels!) like a great product. Now, I`ve been using only Cannon/Fieldcrest Charisma cotton towels for years to dry my cars. Soft yes, but many nasty streaks remain. I still believe that cotton (even the best towels) can scratch/swirl as well. The Water Bandit is getting great reviews & looks like it could do the job in half the time. How does the W.B. compare to cotton towels regarding scratch resistance? Has anyone really taken a close look at the surface and come to any conclusions here? Dragging it across seems to be the most efficient method with blotting a safer choice. Any opinons? Thanks in advance.

Frank

Don2000g
06-25-2001, 09:05 PM
The Water Bandit is a superior product to cotton for drying your car. It is real safe and absorbs a great deal of water. The blotting technique, used by Brad, is certainly the safest. I do this for certain panels of the car but am unable to do the whole car before water spots begin to set in. I know that the water spots are no big deal if you attack them immediately with some quick detailer. I just don`t like to do this. Anyway, the Water Bandit is a great product. You should like it very much. Just make sure to wash it in the washer to help remove the yellow dye that comes from it when you first wet and use it. Laters.

pingiii
06-25-2001, 09:14 PM
Don`s right, the Water Bandit is a good tool. I have found that wiping with the Water Bandit, and following up right after with a Miracle towel does a great job in drying my vehicle.

I`m in the minority that cotton is acceptable to dry ones vehicle, but I find the Bandit/Miracle towel is a faster and better overall combination.

I also washed the Bandit several times when it was new, and found that helped get rid of the dye in it. Enjoy!

06-25-2001, 10:22 PM
I can`t imagine drying a car with cotton towels; it would take so long!

The Water Bandit is an excellent tool; combined with the California Water Blade for the windows only. Then get the leftovers with a MF towel. Perfection.

scottybob1
06-25-2001, 10:31 PM
I just received 2 water bandits last week and used it for the first time Sunday. What a great product. The WB in conjunction with my water blade and MT, makes for a combination that is hard to beat when it comes to drying. I now keep my cotton towels for wiping the sweat off wjen working in 90 degree weather. Thanks to whom ever discovered the water bandit and passed it on to us all.