PDA

View Full Version : PBMG Acquires Autopia.org from 3D International

admin
11-07-2014, 12:16 PM
Las Vegas, NV (November 6th, 2014) - Palm Beach Motoring Group has entered into an agreement to acquire Autopia.org from 3D International.

The decision for Tunch Goren, owner and founder of 3D Car Care to sell Autopia.org was part of an amicable agreement between Bob McKee, owner and founder of PBMG and Tunch Goren, owner and founder of 3D Car Care. The agreement was made with the best interest for the car care industry. “I’m excited for the future of Autopia.org,” said Bob McKee. “PBMG continues to grow, and we couldn’t have picked a better car care discussion forum to add to the family.”

With increasing interest in 3D branded products worldwide, 3D will now focus their energy to product development, research, marketing, and manufacturing.

Tunch Goren –“I’ve had made some great friends on Autopia.org, Tunch Goren said, and have enjoyed the Autopia experience over the years. As everyone knows I’m a chemist at heart, My love and passion is to continue to develop better products, systems and provide better support for our 3D customers worldwide. I’m very confident that PBMG will maintain what we have come to know and love about Autopia.org, and make it even better.”

Tunch and 3D’s line of Car Care products will continue to actively participate and support the growth of Autopia.org with their own existing sub-forum, where users can discuss the features and benefits of 3D car care products and find more information. PBMG will provide the infrastructure along with their vast resources and car care knowledge to support Autopia.org as one of the world’s leading online car care discussion forums.

Autopia.org is known as a forum where enthusiasts could discuss detailing as both a hobby and a profession. Autopia.org was founded in 2002 and has since become a household name in the car care industry, with over 1.4 million posts and over 66,000 members. Autopia.org has a rich history and PBMG along with 3D Car Care plan on taking this beloved discussion forum to the next level.

Within the next couple weeks, Autopia.org and Autopiaforums.com will merge. Autopia.org will receive a retro makeover, with a superior version of Vbulletin as its platform.

tropicsteve
11-07-2014, 12:22 PM
will the new forum be called autopia,org ?

WaxAddict
11-07-2014, 01:12 PM
This has always been confusing to me. Why were there ever two forums named the same? How did that arise?

ec90
11-07-2014, 01:54 PM
This has always been confusing to me. Why were there ever two forums named the same? How did that arise?PBMG originally bought DetailCity which then became autopiaforums while also buying Autopia-CarCare. Autopia.org split off and became it`s own forum which was subsequently bought by 3D/HD, and now sold back.

Bunky
11-08-2014, 06:28 PM
Autopia.org is down so it has started.

ec90
11-08-2014, 08:30 PM
That was fast.

Paul Sparks
11-09-2014, 07:54 PM
I think you will see .org back up in a different form soon.