PDA

View Full Version : AutopiaForum and Autopia.org MERGED! Breaking News

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Todd@RUPES
11-07-2014, 04:11 AM
Was at the 3D Car Care SEMA party and it was announced that PBMG has acquired Autopia.org. Jason from PBMG announced that the forums will be merged together!

I think this is a huge step in the right direction as AutopiaForums has carried on the legacy established with information and education that has been synonymous with the Autopia brand since the late 1990s!

Awesome, I am looking forward to seeing how things play out in the future!

TroyScherer
11-07-2014, 06:25 AM
Wow !!!

I honestly didn`t see this coming.

Bunky
11-07-2014, 06:38 AM
David F. had hinted about something (a conclusion about two forums with similar names) but did not see it coming out like this. I thought there was a lawsuit that was going to be settled.

JSFM35X
11-07-2014, 06:39 AM
Wow and sorry if I don`t share the excitement. I like it here just the way it is. Small and intimate with zero bickering Here we go again.

PA DETAILER
11-07-2014, 06:47 AM
WOW! Did not see this happening.

JHL88
11-07-2014, 07:08 AM
I don`t go over there much... is this a good thing? or not?

Bunky
11-07-2014, 07:11 AM
There was a lot of animosity over the name flap. If true, I wonder how that will play out. We saw part of this when PBMG took over the PAC forum and merged into Detail City.

What I liked about DC / AF was you never really saw someone say "use the search function". Conversation is good. Yes, there are regularly repeated topics about washing microfiber and your favorite car wash, etc. but people do not "study" this forums like a text book (it is social too) plus the forum search function (all vbulletin) is poor.

Pats300zx
11-07-2014, 11:07 AM
From Nick at PBMG...

Las Vegas, NV (November 6th, 2014) - Palm Beach Motoring Group has entered into an agreement to acquire Autopia.org from 3D International.

The decision for Tunch Goren, owner and founder of 3D Car Care to sell Autopia.org was part of an amicable agreement between Bob McKee, owner and founder of PBMG and Tunch Goren, owner and founder of 3D Car Care. The agreement was made with the best interest for the car care industry. “I’m excited for the future of Autopia.org,” said Bob McKee. “PBMG continues to grow, and we couldn’t have picked a better car care discussion forum to add to the family.”

With increasing interest in 3D branded products worldwide, 3D will now focus their energy to product development, research, marketing, and manufacturing.

Tunch Goren –“I’ve had made some great friends on Autopia.org, Tunch Goren said, and have enjoyed the Autopia experience over the years. As everyone knows I’m a chemist at heart, My love and passion is to continue to develop better products, systems and provide better support for our 3D customers worldwide. I’m very confident that PBMG will maintain what we have come to know and love about Autopia.org, and make it even better.”

Tunch and 3D’s line of Car Care products will continue to actively participate and support the growth of Autopia.org with their own existing sub-forum, where users can discuss the features and benefits of 3D car care products and find more information. PBMG will provide the infrastructure along with their vast resources and car care knowledge to support Autopia.org as one of the world’s leading online car care discussion forums.

Autopia.org is known as a forum where enthusiasts could discuss detailing as both a hobby and a profession. Autopia.org was founded in 2002 and has since become a household name in the car care industry, with over 1.4 million posts and over 66,000 members. Autopia.org has a rich history and PBMG along with 3D Car Care plan on taking this beloved discussion forum to the next level.

Within the next couple weeks, Autopia.org and Autopiaforums.com will merge. Autopia.org will receive a retro makeover, with a superior version of Vbulletin as its platform.

This is very exciting news !!! I was part of the original Autopia forum for many many years. I have not doubts that PBMG will make the forum even better than it ever was. :bigups:bigups

mrclean81
11-07-2014, 11:08 AM
Wow I really didn`t see this one coming. So does this mean PBMG will start carrying the 3D/HD line?

mrclean81
11-07-2014, 11:10 AM
Pat ninja`d me. Guess that answered my question :D

Setec Astronomy
11-07-2014, 11:13 AM
This is very exciting news !!! I was part of the original Autopia forum for many many years. I have not doubts that PBMG will make the forum even better than it ever was. :bigups:bigups

Yeah, but Pat...you know full well that there are vocal members over there who have been very anti-PBMG, going back to the David B. days, and particularly after.

And there are others who were very active over there who didn`t get along with the crowd who came to power nor the technical management of the forum in the post-David B. days.

It`s hard to imagine everyone kissing and making up. Also hard to imagine the merge of what was once 4 forums into one with the archiving, history, multiple user names, etc.

Todd@RUPES
11-07-2014, 11:45 AM
Yeah, but Pat...you know full well that there are vocal members over there who have been very anti-PBMG, going back to the David B. days, and particularly after.

And there are others who were very active over there who didn`t get along with the crowd who came to power nor the technical management of the forum in the post-David B. days.

It`s hard to imagine everyone kissing and making up. Also hard to imagine the merge of what was once 4 forums into one with the archiving, history, multiple user names, etc.

Call me the optimist but I think this is great for the industry. The original Autopia-based forum is actually this one in likeness as "Autopia Forum" preceded Autopia.org. When the previous owners of Autopia split, it created the separation that up until yesterday, still existed.

The name Autopia was always a beacon light in this industry. A place to get real-world information. PBMG has owned AutopiaForums (and Autopia-CarCare) for more than 3 1/2 years, and under PBMG ownership, this forum flourished.. as a place for real world, unbiased information.

I am certain that PBMG will continue to allow Autopia to be Autopia, with the primary focus on allowing open discussion of multiple product brands. The culture we developed (we meaning the forum members including myself) here is so positive that it has restored the Autopain culture.

This is great news and I personally look forward to seeing the brand whole. Yes the merge will be difficult, technically, but I have more than enough faith in PBMG to handle the transition.

JSFM35X
11-07-2014, 12:13 PM
Todd,

I love your view on things, ands this is no exception.

I hope your right, but fear your wrong. I really liked TID for the same reasons I enjoy myself here.

There was always too much drama at .org

I never really enjoyed myself over there for the reason being that every question I asked the answers was, you guessed it, 3D this or that. Felt it was force-fed to any newbie logging on.

I made my feeling crystal clean and was enven contact to see if I wanted to try some stuff for free. I declined as I have what works for me.

Now them, is US? Weird.

Time will tell. I am glad that I learned what I have here, up until now. lets see what happens.

Call me the optimist but I think this is great for the industry. The original Autopia-based forum is actually this one in likeness as "Autopia Forum" preceded Autopia.org. When the previous owners of Autopia split, it created the separation that up until yesterday, still existed.

The name Autopia was always a beacon light in this industry. A place to get real-world information. PBMG has owned AutopiaForums (and Autopia-CarCare) for more than 3 1/2 years, and under PBMG ownership, this forum flourished.. as a place for real world, unbiased information.

I am certain that PBMG will continue to allow Autopia to be Autopia, with the primary focus on allowing open discussion of multiple product brands. The culture we developed (we meaning the forum members including myself) here is so positive that it has restored the Autopain culture.

This is great news and I personally look forward to seeing the brand whole. Yes the merge will be difficult, technically, but I have more than enough faith in PBMG to handle the transition.

JustJesus
11-07-2014, 02:27 PM
Wow and sorry if I don`t share the excitement. I like it here just the way it is. Small and intimate with zero bickering Here we go again.

I have no clue as to what bickering went on in detailing forums, as I`m new. But, knowing what I know from the other auto related forums, i can truly say that it`s been a pleasure coming onto this forum daily. I don`t do that with the other forums. I even went as far as starting my "Oh Joy" thread because I was happy to have access to this forum again.

On a side note, what the heck was the difference between those two? I had seen autopia.org on tapatalk, but thought AF was some sort of extension of that? I just ignored the other one, and kept AF.

Well, I just hope we don`t start seeing a bunch of crap, and the guys that make my stay here pleasant, will continue to be here doing the same.

Jesus

ca.detailchick
11-07-2014, 07:57 PM
OK so we become an even bigger, larger happy family !:rockon