PDA

View Full Version : I think we need an electoral college within my state.

Dogfather
11-05-2014, 10:50 AM
I still have the same governor today even though his challenger won 45 out of 62 counties.

tropicsteve
11-05-2014, 11:26 AM
i think it`s because people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who don`t. :(

Bunky
11-05-2014, 11:47 AM
Everyone is for majority rules except when they are not in the majority.

Dogfather
11-05-2014, 12:24 PM
Everyone is for majority rules except when they are not in the majority.

It just doesn`t seem right that the people in NYC get to pick the governor for everyone else in this large state.

The Driver
11-05-2014, 12:36 PM
I`m sure cumo will get his, the NRA doesn`t like already.

Bunky
11-05-2014, 12:49 PM
It just doesn`t seem right that the people in NYC get to pick the governor for everyone else in this large state.

The rules do not always seem fair. We have the electoral college allowing smaller states to influence the election and then we have the gerrymandering of districts that change as the parties redo when they have a chance.

You can add lower turnout..In NC, just 44% turned out and that was considered very good.

Dogfather
11-05-2014, 01:09 PM
We have the electoral college allowing smaller states to influence the election

Thank God (and the Founding Fathers) for that. Otherwise we would have everyone sitting on a couch in NYC, Philadelphia, Chicago, and Detroit choosing the President for everyone sitting on a tractor or in a truck everywhere else.

Setec Astronomy
11-05-2014, 01:16 PM
Thank God (and the Founding Fathers) for that. Otherwise we would have everyone sitting on a couch in NYC, Philadelphia, Chicago, and Detroit choosing the President for everyone sitting on a tractor or in a truck everywhere else.

Ha ha--I was looking at a red/blue map of the congressional districts, and it`s even more startling than the state-by-state map, how the only blue areas are on the coasts and around other port/water connected cities.

Even the inland areas of the coastal blue states were all red, and you just saw the little blue islands around the river cities.

Bunky
11-05-2014, 07:14 PM
In these graphs, getting blue or red is just binary no matter what the percentage.

In NC, Tillis beat Kagan by just 2 percentage points so extremely but shown as red. I view this that NC can vote either way depending on how the more independent thinking vote (the 4 ot 5% that actually decide the election). The cities tend to be blue no matter what just as most outside will be in the red column no matter who is running.

It was obviously a vote against Obama and the party faithful.