PDA

View Full Version : Another ? about using Cquartz UK

topsyt
10-24-2014, 10:38 AM
Getting ready to try the Cquartz UK on a second car, which is pure white. I have polished it a few times in the 2 years I`ve owned it. Is it necessary to polish it again? I was going to use IronX, claybar, Eraser, Cquartz and Reload, but will polish if necessary.

ShaneB
10-24-2014, 11:47 AM
Does the car have imperfections you want polished out before coating it? If you`re happy with the finish then I wouldn`t polish anymore than just to help clean the paint

RaysWay
10-24-2014, 01:18 PM
I would check with multiple light sources that you don`t have any "hidden" micro marring or scratches or water spots. Lighter colored cars hide imperfections really well. So while the paint might look "good enough" under normal light, you might start to see imperfections that will lower your gloss if you take a closer look.

If it`s a daily driver, I doubt the the paint is in perfect condition. Especially if you`re going to clay the paint. I would expect you`re going to need a light polish.

MarkD
10-24-2014, 02:28 PM
Consider that whatever condition your finish is in, you`re going to be "locking in" that quality of finish for a long time.

I`m sure due to the cost of the coating, and all the other products, and work you`re placing into the vehicle, you aren`t going to be wishing to remove this coating 3-4 months from now due to a dislike of the quality of finish.

Even if not for any swirling, sleeks, one might wish to polish to just amp the gloss as much as possible.

Possible as well that the prep such as claying might cause some slight sleeks in the finish.

Yep, I know well, this is where all the hard work is, the prep prior to coating. The coating is the easy part IMO.

topsyt
10-24-2014, 06:19 PM
All good points, that`s why I`m here! Thanks, I`ll go ahead and do the polish.

topsyt
11-03-2014, 08:40 AM
Finished the car, turned out much better than the first attempt with Cquartz. How often should I use the Reload?

MarkD
11-03-2014, 08:51 AM
Finished the car, turned out much better than the first attempt with Cquartz. How often should I use the Reload?

You might get a variety of answers on how often to use Reload.

I`ll say if you really want to stay on top of things, have CQuartz last its longest, keep the vehicle looking its best, and if the weather permits, I would say do the car with Reload every 4-6 weeks.

At least try that at first, you`ll perhaps get a better feel with a little time, and it can depend upon a number of factors, weather conditions, how often you clean-detail your ride, etc.

Now I know they say Reload will-can last quite a bit longer than this.

A tip, that will help you stretch Reload a bit, help you economize on the cost of it, and perhaps have it work even better-easier, would be to try diluting Reload 1-1 with Distilled Water. Mix into another small convenient spray bottle, and label it.
Mark

Ronkh
11-03-2014, 11:14 AM
before you use reload...........

http://www.autopiaforums.com/forums/auto-detailing-101/46588-reload-problems.html

MarkD
11-03-2014, 03:29 PM
before you use reload...........

http://www.autopiaforums.com/forums/auto-detailing-101/46588-reload-problems.html

Might depend on the Reload version, the color of the vehicle, and the luck of the draw.

I haven`t had any issues with the older 2013 Reload, and I did use some of the newer version that some (including myself) had some issues with on dark colors.

On my white Tahoe`s Roof, I really didn`t notice the oily smearing with the v2014 Reload. But did on the Magenta color Kia.

Sure, it`s possible it might be there on the white paint, but I was hard pressed to see-find it.

It might even go beyond just a difference of color? Such as paint type, or prep products used prior, and ? I honestly cannot say?

Let us know how it works for you?
Mark

Ronkh
11-03-2014, 04:14 PM
Might depend on the Reload version, the color of the vehicle, and the luck of the draw.

Mark

:bigups

topsyt
11-03-2014, 06:01 PM
The car I did is pure white, turned out good as best as I can tell.

Ronkh
11-03-2014, 06:03 PM
The car I did is pure white, turned out good as best as I can tell.

cool