PDA

View Full Version : Weight training?

Pages : [1] 2 3

zesty-man
06-03-2004, 07:00 PM
do any of you guys weight train when youre not polishing cars? maybe we could conversate :)

jstn
06-03-2004, 07:24 PM
im starting again this summer. i just took a 1 month break and its going to be tuff getting back into the routine.

Ryan
06-03-2004, 07:54 PM
I used to train all year round, 7 days a week, while working for a limo detailing company a couple years ago. I would finish the cars and either use my lunch break at the gym next door or eat luch and wait until after quiting time. Mostly fast paced running, tons of situps and push ups. On lifting days I would follow a routine from Mens Health that I liked. After about a year of that I lost almost 65 pounds!

Now I am 150 and have since given up the routines I had then. Instead i like to excercise outside the gym. Mainly walking, rollerblading and alot of crunches. I have also started golfing. I hear that a round burns over 1000 calories! Figure a complete morning and afternoon of detailing, rollerblading a few or more miles in the evening and golfing on the weekends and maintaining weight is not a problem no matter what I might eat. Slowly but surely I am visiting the gym again just, not as frequently as I once needed.

Clean Dean
06-03-2004, 08:11 PM
I`ve been known to show my face at the gym. Ask groebuck for a pic...

zesty-man
06-03-2004, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by Ryan
I I have also started golfing. I hear that a round burns over 1000 calories! .

ahahahaha, i gotta be sure to tell my dad that one. hey gorebuck, maybe i have your pic?

pommer2005
06-03-2004, 11:01 PM
ok...I did a little research on the golfing thing and its true, if you golf 18 holes and you are walking with your bag on your back, you will burn a little over 1200 cal. but if you are walking and you have a caddie you will burn around 300 cal.

zesty-man
06-03-2004, 11:03 PM
what happens if you have a golf cart? thats what my dad seems to use most of the time///

pommer2005
06-03-2004, 11:07 PM
hmm...it didn`t say about if you used a cart, but taking a wild guess...very few

zesty-man
06-03-2004, 11:39 PM
yea, thats what i thought my dad has a HUGEEEEE beer belly..... he looks almost pregnant. ill tell him next time to walk the course. my dad will spot me, but he refuses to lift with me. he tried to do some crunches one day, and for the next 3 days, his stomach hurt so much, it convinced him not to try any more crunches....... as for me, abs are everything... i tired to do different variations of crunches. i can do hundreds of regular crucnhes, so now i do more advanced leg lifts, and some incline cruches/sit ups... lotsa fun

groebuck
06-03-2004, 11:43 PM
but don`t go getting any ideas .....

Clean Dean + Gym =

groebuck
06-03-2004, 11:45 PM
Clean Dean + Wife - less gym time + more carbs =

groebuck
06-03-2004, 11:48 PM
Clean Dean + 6 pack - Wife + "fishing buddies" =

:lol

just kiddin!

filipzin
06-04-2004, 12:13 AM
lol good job clean dean. I hope the order or clean dean didnt go in the order it was presented .....

zesty, if you want any more info on weight training, i`d suggest going to www.bodybuilding.com. They have a lot of good articles about how and when to do so. Word of advice when you talk to people about this stuff, do what works for YOU. There are guys that look great, but they lift in very dangerous ways that can put you out of commission very quickly.

zesty-man
06-04-2004, 01:06 AM
honestly, thats you clean dean? youre friggin buff.............. whats your max squat/bench? btw, on that last pic... theres children here!!!!!

flipizin, i check bodybuilding.com pretty frequently :)

Bob
06-04-2004, 08:30 AM
I used to workout all the time until nice weather kicks in then I slack. I have been running three days a week though. In the Winter I workout in my basement and hit my bunching bags a few times a week.