PDA

View Full Version : Using UQD to apply Ult Paste Wax?

Don
10-13-2014, 11:44 AM
When I did my review of UPW, I noted that it dried quickly when applying it to the panels. Does anyone see any harm in using the Ult Quik Detaier to help in applying the UPW?

tropicsteve
10-14-2014, 08:34 AM
I don`t believe it will hurt anything, but I usually just make sure my application pad is wet with water to ease application. if you find it drying too fast before the wipe off, do smaller sections before moving on. for stubborn, already dried wax, a wipe down with ultimate quick spray wax removes it more easily.

Don
10-14-2014, 09:17 AM
I just got word from Michael Stoops from MOL, he said NOT to use anything (even UQD/UQW) to apply the Ultimate Paste Wax, just to make sure there is enough product on the applicator.

But the UQD can be used to assist in removing any stubborn areas where you applied the wax too thick.

Angus
10-14-2014, 09:28 AM
Thanks for the update from Michael Stoops. I`d say stick with one panel at a time so you don`t run into the issue again. Some waxes are a PIA to remove if they`re applied to thick/ allowed to dry. BlackIce is another LSP you DO NOT want to apply thick and allow to dry... ask me how I know... Err.

Souveran on the other hand is a total joy to apply and remove :) I love using Souveran but it just doesn`t last.