PDA

View Full Version : Exterior Plastic/Bumper trim ?

JimmyS5600
09-07-2014, 09:41 AM
Hi All, Looking for a product that lasts and doesn`t streak after rains for the
exterior plastic mldgs.,and front bumpers. I do alot of pickup trucks and
need a good product. I just tried Adams V.R.T. on a 14 Silverado`s black
plastic grill and bumper tops and it streaked after rain.
Any recommendations?
Thanks

ShaneB
09-07-2014, 10:34 AM
Ive heard great things about carpro Dlux and even Gtechinq C4. Those are more of a coating and require a little more prep work but they seem to last

Ive also had good luck with Carpro PERL. Never had any issues with it streaking

PA DETAILER
09-07-2014, 10:50 AM
Wolfgang Exterior Trim Sealant (http://www.autopia-carcare.com/wolfgang-trim.html)

Seals and protects for months. :bigups

JimmyS5600
09-07-2014, 08:07 PM
Thanks for your responses,appreciate it. Shane I just ordered Carpro Perl.

KillaCam
09-07-2014, 10:47 PM
DLux is amazing if you want a long lasting solution. But if you don`t want to fork over the $40 for the kit duragloss 253 makes exterior plastics look incredible.
It`s very easy to use and has rain repel in it so it beads water and doesn`t streak.
It also doubles as my favorite tire dressing.
And I`ve tried many things for plastic bumpers including ultima trim and tire guard.
PERL is another great product but I have the old formula and I can`t ever get it not to run down off the plastic and streak.

ShaneB
09-07-2014, 11:19 PM
DLux is amazing if you want a long lasting solution. But if you don`t want to fork over the $40 for the kit duragloss 253 makes exterior plastics look incredible.
It`s very easy to use and has rain repel in it so it beads water and doesn`t streak.
It also doubles as my favorite tire dressing.
And I`ve tried many things for plastic bumpers including ultima trim and tire guard.
PERL is another great product but I have the old formula and I can`t ever get it not to run down off the plastic and streak.

On that note ill add that I do have the new formula