PDA

View Full Version : Pricing for Cadillac Escalade

DKumarm3
08-04-2014, 08:57 AM
Hi Guys - I have never done such big truck like Escalade. I am looking to do one step with interior as well. I really don`t what to charge the customer any help with pricing would great.

Thanks

Ronkh
08-04-2014, 09:06 AM
Figure 2x a normal large car +
1 case smart water or Gatorade
1 ladder
1 bottle of advil
3 chiropractic visits

DKumarm3
08-04-2014, 09:18 AM
Thanks Ronkh.

wdmaccord
08-04-2014, 09:50 AM
Agree on the 2x factor. I did a buddy`s sedan this spring for $150. He just got a new/used Armada he wants me to get in shape...he brought it over after he picked it up and talk about your typical dealership mess (some from previous owner too I imagine...interior dressing dripping everywhere, filthy leather seats, tire shine sling on paint behind all 4 wheels, holograms on rear quarter, etc). Same process as his sedan and it`s $300. This is for a friend, otherwise it would have been more like $250/$500. One thing I don`t do on full size SUV`s is polish the whole roof. I`ll do in front of the sunroof. The entire roof does get full decon and sealant applied.

Ronkh
08-04-2014, 09:53 AM
Agree on the 2x factor. I did a buddy`s sedan this spring for $150. He just got a new/used Armada he wants me to get in shape...he brought it over after he picked it up and talk about your typical dealership mess (some from previous owner too I imagine...interior dressing dripping everywhere, filthy leather seats, tire shine sling on paint behind all 4 wheels, holograms on rear quarter, etc). Same process as his sedan and it`s $300. This is for a friend, otherwise it would have been more like $250/$500. One thing I don`t do on full size SUV`s is polish the whole roof. I`ll do in front of the sunroof. The entire roof does get full decon and sealant applied.

I did whole roof on my Tahoe, and whole roof on friends escalade. uhhhhhhh

next time, I do what you said, then coat it and forget it (roof that is)

mrclean81
08-04-2014, 10:27 AM
I`d be somewhere in the $200 - $300 range for a one step on an Escallade, depending on the condition. However, I live in an area where $300 is thought to be outrageous. If I was doing a 2 step, it would be closer to $500. In other parts of the country, you might get $600 just for a one step. A lot of it also depends on your own skill level and weather or not you can deliver the work that justifies that kind of money. Do it for the experience of working on a large vehicle if nothing else.

Stokdgs
08-04-2014, 10:50 AM
DKumarm3 -

What color and how bad is the paint on the Escalade ?

Do you have a Business, or are you Detailing for friends and family, etc.. ?

What is your experience level in years ?

What is the local Detailing Business pricing range in your area ?

Where is your area ?

Lastly, what is your process/what is going to be your process for the work?

Every vehicle that has been in my Shop has always had the entire Roof compounded and polished, sealed, coated, etc., just like the rest of the vehicle.

I actually like doing the roof, because while it may have some damage from water spotting, the sun, etc., unless they have been severely scratched from dragging stuff all over them, the paint is usually easier to correct and looks outstanding when done; its pretty much virgin paint compared to the rest of the vehicle..

Big lifted trucks, Escalades, Armada`s, all of them..

And I always ask the Client if they want to stand on the platform and look for themselves at the perfect reflection of the 4 foot long shop lights in their black paint of the roof..

Yeah, it is the hardest part of any vehicle to do because of the height, but there are ways to get yourself at least level with it or better, a little higher than the roof so you are looking down at it, and have the ability to get half of it from each side..

There are fixed height platforms, short 2-3 step ladders, 4-5 foot ladders, and even some fancy extendable height platforms I have seen on Amazon.com..

The roof is really where Rotary Power really comes in handy, because if its like the 10 lb weight of my Makita 9227c, you can sometimes just stretch it out there and let the weight of it do the work and you just control it..

Good Luck with your project !
Dan F

DKumarm3
08-04-2014, 11:46 AM
Thanks guys for your inputs. I will keep all suggestions in mind before taking the leap.

bswombaugh
08-04-2014, 12:21 PM
In my market I would be in the $225 -$300 range. Like already mentioned, it could be more in other market locations.

wdmaccord
08-04-2014, 05:12 PM
I did whole roof on my Tahoe, and whole roof on friends escalade. uhhhhhhh

next time, I do what you said, then coat it and forget it (roof that is)

If it was a full price deal, I`d maybe polish the roof, but not for friends that I`m making them a hell of a deal and relinquishing myself to @ $10/hr. I do tell them in advance though and they usually understand.

Ronkh
08-05-2014, 10:25 AM
If it was a full price deal, I`d maybe polish the roof, but not for friends that I`m making them a hell of a deal and relinquishing myself to @ $10/hr. I do tell them in advance though and they usually understand.

it was a freebie

JSFM35X
08-05-2014, 10:29 AM
Not only is there a lot of paint but that clear is hard!