PDA

View Full Version : Now I Understand Why You Like HydrO2

basswood
07-26-2014, 09:53 PM
Based on a number of recent positive comments from you "alpha dogs" about this product I gave it a shot.

Now, I do like `nuba for the depth. I currently have BFBI on top of Duragloss 105 TPP. The reason I did that was because the TPP did not give me the pop that I like.

Last week I decided to throw a coat of HydrO2 on top of all of that. Yea, I read the directions about cleaning all of the LSPs off. I`m lazy so I didn`t.

Well I`ll be dipped. The paint does not attract dust nearly as much as it used to and it takes soooo much less time to blow dry the car.

This stuff is very slick. A tad on the $$ upside but I will order another 100ml
for the frau`s car.

Stokdgs
07-26-2014, 10:21 PM
Tom !

Quote -- "" Yea, I read the directions about cleaning all of the LSPs off. I`m lazy so I didn`t.""

Thanks for helping move Innovation Forward !!!

You are my Hero !
Dan F

lyodbraun
07-26-2014, 10:31 PM
Good stuff just used a bottle of it today on a silver Mazda-3 I detailed ... Worked great and a time saver... Mixed up bottle with distilled water and went to work... I was pretty happy with it... Glad I got two bottles of it when I did...

basswood
07-26-2014, 10:43 PM
Tom !

Quote --

You are my Hero !
Dan F

I do believe just the opposite is true...

mrclean81
07-26-2014, 11:11 PM
HydrO2 is addicting. Once you get used to using it, you will never do without it. Even for the guys who only do their own cars, its still good to put a coat on once in a while, if nothing else then just for the benefits of protecting the surfaces that usually go untouched. Its a damn good product.

wdmaccord
07-26-2014, 11:30 PM
Definitely considering this for my wheels. Man it`s expensive though. How many sets of wheels will it do with 100ml at 1:3? Will it last longer than Coll 845 or BF All Metal Sealant on wheels (if nothing else it sounds like it will stand up to APC since it`s alkaline resistant)?

mrclean81
07-26-2014, 11:41 PM
1:3 is pretty strong. I`ve found 1:5 or 1:6 to be much more user friendly and it honestly lasts just as long in most situations. If you were just doing wheels with it, a 100ml will last a long time because it only takes a couple sprays per wheel. You don`t have to soak them with it because the power washer will spread it for you. That`s where people mess up when doing an entire vehicle. A couple sprays per panel, then power wash. That`s all it takes. I can mix up a spray bottle at 1:6 and do an entire RV with it, and still have 1/4 of a bottle left usually.

wdmaccord
07-26-2014, 11:46 PM
Thanks for that info! I was just going off the Carpro website that said 1:3. I assume a regular hose with a fire nozzle will do just as well as a PW? And what kind of durability are you getting on wheels at 1:6?

mrclean81
07-26-2014, 11:54 PM
No problem. Yes that will work if you have good water pressure. It takes a pretty hard blast to get the best results. The coin op car wash is also nice since you can usually get out of the sun at the same time. This stuff does NOT work well in direct sunlight. A lighter dilution ratio such as 1:6 will help some, but its still better to use it on a rainy or really cloudy day, indoors, or hit the coin op at night. I really wish Carpro would make a V2 of this stuff that works in direct sunlight. I`d be a rich man then lol.

wdmaccord
07-27-2014, 12:39 AM
Good heads up on the sun! Sounds like it`s worth a test drive if 100ml will go that far. Have you used it long enough to have any thoughts on durability (# months) on wheels?

tedj101
07-27-2014, 04:04 AM
Definitely considering this for my wheels. How many sets of wheels will it do with 100ml at 1:3?

Dozens! It takes very little to do a set of wheels.

tedj101
07-27-2014, 04:07 AM
Good heads up on the sun! Sounds like it`s worth a test drive if 100ml will go that far. Have you used it long enough to have any thoughts on durability (# months) on wheels?

I haven`t gone more than 3 months between applications on wheels, but it is still effective at 3 months (at least in the Spring/Summer - I haven`t tried it in Winter conditions yet). It is so easy to apply that I don`t see the need to go longer between applications - but then again, I am using it on my own cars.

silverfox
07-27-2014, 05:45 AM
This product in my opinion is as revolutionary as ONR and MF buffing pads.