PDA

View Full Version : Engine Detailing - What do you want to see reviewed?

RaysWay
07-25-2014, 02:22 PM
In my last Headlight Restoration Review (http://www.autopiaforums.com/forums/detailers-showcase/45903-civic-headlight-restoration-rayview.html), Old Pirate was nice enough to make fun of my dirty engine bay. :rolleyes: So I`ve decided to detail my engine bay this weekend. Is there anything you`d like to see reviewed? I`m thinking about comparing a few different engine dressings to test for durability under the hood. If you`d like to see any tool or product used, let me know and I`ll do my best to include it.

RTexasF
07-25-2014, 02:27 PM
Amazing Roll Off would save you a lot of time and show others how well it works.

Zelfiris
07-25-2014, 02:29 PM
On some cars the rubber hoses turn brown and I find 303 and other trim dressing don`t really bring the colour back to black. Maybe you can show us how that`s done :)

Or maybe a restore from a rust build up (or grime build up), that is always nice to see!

Ronkh
07-25-2014, 02:30 PM
I want to see an engine detail review on a 2014 corvette :)

wdmaccord
07-25-2014, 03:05 PM
Amazing Roll Off would save you a lot of time and show others how well it works.

And maybe ARO without a Tornador since that is what Mike Phillips used in his engine bay detail review. And can it be diluted and still work well on the engine bay? I`ve been using it 1:2 on most other areas of cleaning (tires, wheel wells).

Angus
07-25-2014, 05:11 PM
I`d like to see how to properly prep the engine, what to protect, how best to use water - really focus on technique. I`ve seen a lot of conflicting advice on engine cleaning. It`s the one area that still makes me cautious on how to approach. My 98 Civic`s stock engine has never been cleaned - its a mess - so this will be particularly helpful for me, Vega. Thanks for asking! Looking forward to your write up :bigups

bswombaugh
07-25-2014, 08:28 PM
Maybe also do an engine with a steamer to compare it with using traditional methods. I to have been very wary of flooding these newer models with a lot of water. I am so concerned about damaging expensive electrical components or parts.

tropicsteve
07-25-2014, 08:36 PM
what types of degreasers are being used. do folks still use engine brite/gunk ?

cleanmycorolla
07-25-2014, 09:08 PM
I`d like to see the new Blackfire Trim Sealant used to dress the engine pieces. And Mothers APC to clean it.

RaysWay
07-26-2014, 12:11 AM
Thanks for the feedback. I`ll do my best to cover everyone`s request.

The Guz
07-26-2014, 01:53 AM
Another good comparison would be Meguiar`s Plastic & Vinyl Coating and Detailer`s Pro Trim Detailer.

Old Pirate
07-26-2014, 04:37 PM
How bout the BLACKFIRE All-In-One All Purpose Cleaner and topping it off with Sonus Trim & Motor Kote, it should look like new again!:D