PDA

View Full Version : full details

INTENSE
05-31-2004, 08:34 AM
HI I am an owner of a mobile detailing business in Georgia and i see everyone always talking about full details . I have a few questions for you.

1. how are you marketing for the full details ?
2. how many are you averging a week?
3. any othe helpful ideas work be great.

i currently do alot of washing per month and few waxes a month along with some other odd an ins per month . just wanting to take it to the next level. thanks for all your help.

Jngrbrdman
05-31-2004, 09:11 AM
A "full" full detail for me would be the works. Everything. A show car detail. That kind of job will probably start at around $250 and go up from there. Most people just want the paint polished and the interior cleaned out. That kind of job averages probably around $100 for me. When they want more attention placed on one area then it changed. I set my prices at an hourly rate, so it really depends on the condition of the car as to how much I charge. I never quote a price unless I have seen the car in person. There is no point in quoting a 2 hour job on a car that will take 4 to get in shape.

denverdetail
05-31-2004, 12:01 PM
Intense,
As far as How I am marketing full details, I sell them! Read this thread...

http://www.detailcity.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=42609#post42609

Too much to type again. As far as how many full details I do a week, I would say I average around 8-10 by myself this time of year (50-60 hours) at an average cost of $190. In the winter months I average 5 or so. Much of my work is with regulars who don`t need full details but once a year. Take a moment and read the other thread. If you want to know how to take your deal to the next level, that thread exlains how I took my business up a few notches. Of course, it`s just what I did. There is no right or wrong way, just what works for you or not.
www.denverdetail.com

shotime
05-31-2004, 04:33 PM
Honestly, I`ve never done any type of marketing beyond business cards and self promotion. Most new customers are from people who see cars I`ve done and ask who did it. Also, it helps to be part of some social organization. IE church, car club, golf club. Meet lots of people and never miss a chance to tell them what you do. I`m a complete whore when it comes to self promotion. I have no shortage of work, but unfortunatly the weather hasn`t been cooperative this whole year so I`m only doing about half of what I usually do in a week. Someday it will stop raining.........