PDA

View Full Version : Parking Garages, does it work?

Pages : [1] 2

Xtreme717
06-30-2014, 06:58 AM
I`ve heard that in a lot of areas mobile detailers will set up at a parking garage all day and charge $12-$20 for a hand wash. In my area I am the only mobile detail company and we have a lot of parking garages here with high salaried people that work in this area. My question is...1) Does this work, has anyone been very successful going this route? If so what`s the best strategy? 2) how do you set up these contracts or get permission to be there?

Thanks for any help.

Trouble
06-30-2014, 07:23 AM
I`ve heard that in a lot of areas mobile detailers will set up at a parking garage all day and charge $12-$20 for a hand wash. In my area I am the only mobile detail company and we have a lot of parking garages here with high salaried people that work in this area. My question is...1) Does this work, has anyone been very successful going this route? If so what`s the best strategy? 2) how do you set up these contracts or get permission to be there?

Thanks for any help.

I`ve seen it work, but it`s not for me

Working in a parking lot/garage makes me feel like a caged monkey. On top of that you have to stop work every 15 minutes to answer questions from others wanting their cars detailed (99% NEVER have the intentions of calling. They just want to waste your time because they have nothing better to do)

You will need to speak with the property manager about getting set up. Most will require you to be licensed & insured. You might offer a monthly detail to them (property manger) as an extra incentive

Todd@RUPES
06-30-2014, 08:29 AM
I knew a guy in Miami who did this. Had contracts in 8-10 garages, had 2 people in each garage (mostly illegal), they charged 12 dollars a wash and the employees kept 6. They would each knock about 2-3 and hour. The guy would make about 800 per day total.. He was doing well for himself.

Trouble
06-30-2014, 09:45 AM
I knew a guy in Miami who did this. Had contracts in 8-10 garages, had 2 people in each garage (mostly illegal), they charged 12 dollars a wash and the employees kept 6. They would each knock about 2-3 and hour. The guy would make about 800 per day total.. He was doing well for himself.

$800 per day?!?!? Who can survive making such a measly amount of $, David Fermani?!?

Todd@RUPES
06-30-2014, 03:09 PM
$800 per day?!?!? Who can survive making such a measly amount of $, David Fermani?!?

Yeah the owner was racking it in!

Stokdgs
06-30-2014, 03:57 PM
Yeah the owner was racking it in!

Yeah !!!

I hate it when I can only make $16k/month = $192,000.00/year !!!

:) :) :)

Dan F

mrclean81
06-30-2014, 04:25 PM

Sounds like a a guy who knows how to make money. Can`t hate on him for that. I think something like that would go over very well in my area. Only problem is there are only 2 parking garages here..one is a hospital and the other is a TV station. Might be some money to be made now that I think about it :cool:

Xtreme717
06-30-2014, 09:54 PM
Heck if I can do $500 per day I`d be happy...I may have to explore this route.

512detail
08-23-2014, 11:19 AM
Xtreme717, have you tried this out yet? Any luck?

Ronkh
08-23-2014, 12:18 PM
Tampa airport offers wash/detail in their parking garage

tedj101
08-23-2014, 05:21 PM
Tampa airport offers wash/detail in their parking garage

We have a detailer who comes to the garage in my building at work every Tuesday. Most of what he does is AIOs at $99 each. It`s real production work without a lot of attention to detail.

He does get quite a few washes in the Winter months which probably makes him a decent living. I don`t see a lot of activity down there, though. (Of course, I don`t spend a lot of time on the lower level of the garage myself so my knowledge is somewhat limited.

Xtreme717
08-25-2014, 07:21 AM
Ted what area of the country do you live in...? I`m wondering how he maintains business during the winter months.

512detail, I have since acquired 2 corporate office buildings that we will go out to once a week, a contract with Hertz rental car, a contract with Planet Fitness, and a contract with a country club (golf course). I`m also very close to signing a leasing agreement with a major shopping center here where we`ll set up in their parking lot everyday...I haven`t had much luck with parking garages yet, but we`re working our way into other avenues.

jtford95
08-25-2014, 08:31 AM
Good luck with that. Pray it works out for you.

tedj101
08-25-2014, 01:52 PM
Ted what area of the country do you live in...? I`m wondering how he maintains business during the winter months.

The garage (3 levels) is in the basement of our building. It is more or less heated too. That is actually the best part of his year. I don`t really see him around in the Summer time. But in the Winter a lot of people with high end cars want to get them washed or detailed.

Paintxpert
08-25-2014, 10:34 PM
I market and offer my services to about 10 doctors in the area. I do about the same amount of "detailed washes" per week at 70.00 per pop. It keeps me busy when I am not doing completes. Doctors have the money and I call on them if I cant find work. I close down completely after Nov 15th. Wont start up again until March 20th. This gives me time to rest my weary body. I embarked on my 41st season this year. Guys here make fun of my web sight which is just an information page. Pics at my site are from the late 1960s. My reply to those who have comments are: those pics were taken BEFORE you were in diapers. Way before! I am thinking about retiring, but I love paint correction too much to hang my Maskita up yet!