PDA

View Full Version : help me come up with a detailing plan this week

SamMan23
05-30-2004, 07:49 PM
I`m planning on detailing this week. I have time so I can do a couple layers of UPP. I`ve bought some of this stuff. I`m probably going to use Mother`s clay or Meguiar`s paint cleaner before using it. I also have a meguiar`s polish (basically a paint oils conditioner, non-abrasive) and have Meguiar`s Carnuba. I also have Eagle One wax and Mother`s cleaner wax. Help me come up with a plan for getting my car to look nice and make it last. I only get to detail once every couple of months and sometimes that`s 6 months-1 yr.

Is that Meguiar`s polish worth anything? should I use it at all?

My plan so far is
1. wash
2. clean prep paint with clay/paint cleaner
3. ???

I do know I want to use at least 3 layers of UPP. so I guess this process will take several days.

eggroll
05-30-2004, 09:25 PM
You`ve got it right. Step 3 would be the UPP, I actually like the look of UPP without a topper. If you wanted you could top it with the Meg`s Carnauba, I assume it`s #26? Just make sure not to top it with a wax with cleaners in it.

JeffBruce
05-30-2004, 09:30 PM
Sounds like you have Meguiars 3 step....(purple bottles)
If your paint is swirl free,and scratch free...you should be ok...
You probably do have some swirls and some type of scratches...
Do you plan on buying a PC anytime soon....
It would be wise to get the first detail to be as swirl free and scratch free as possible....
After you put a topper on, to get at that swirls and scratches you would have to strip the wax off, need to get them in the beginning
jeff

SamMan23
05-31-2004, 06:25 PM
Is the Meguiar`s Deep Crystal Polish any good? Will it keep UPP from sticking well?

It`s a gray/silver colored car.