PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of my prices?..Should I raise them..?

Xtreme717
06-23-2014, 06:45 AM
I run a mobile auto detailing business in Harrisburg, PA. I just recently have gone full-time with this (a huge step). We`re still a very new concept to this area as we the only company in this area that provides a mobile service.

I have been playing around with my prices and have not yet felt comfortable with where they are at compared to my overhead costs. Sometimes I think they`re good where it`s at and other time I feel i can charge more..We stay pretty busy for the most part but would obviously like to see more business come in.

Right now we have Me that is full-time and I have 3 part-time employees. We run out of 1 van and run an office out of my home.

Can you please take a look at my detail packages and let me know if the prices sound about right. Here`s my website.
Harrisburgs Mobile Auto Detailing Service (http://www.XTmobileDetail.com) Thank You!

Ccrew
06-23-2014, 09:24 AM
I don`t think you`re too out of line. It`s hard to judge pricing for one area when you live in another though. Your basic detail isn`t far off (by $5) what I can go to the car wash here for and get exterior/interior done so I`m not sure you`re not a touch low. Add your 15% coupon almost seems like a loss, but you know your overhead. To some folks "it`s just a car wash"

Extreme Supreme Detail on the front page is spelled "Datail" though. I`d fix that.

Todd@RUPES
06-23-2014, 09:33 AM
While pricing structure has to be based somewhat on where you live, target audience, overhead, etc...

It really comes down to the bell curve... Were will make the most amount of profit, doing less cars for more money or more cars for less money?

20 cars at 100 dollars per car, at 2 hours per car equals 2000 dollars in a 40 hour week.

If you raise your prices to 200, you will obviously lose some customers.

Lets say its now..

6 cars at 200 dollars per car, at 3 hours per car, gives you 2600 in a 39 hour work week... obviously this cuts over head and increase profit... a good move..

Maybe if you go up to 300 per car you only lose 1 customer, maybe you lose all of them...

It really is trial in error, but worse case scenario, increase your prices slightly, tell existing customers that you will honor your previous costs to them for 3 months (people love getting deals and it eases the transition) and track business.

bswombaugh
06-23-2014, 10:52 AM
I am not so sure about the pricing. I guess I have a question regarding the services and particularly the time that you have allotted. For example, your Extreme Full Detail includes a 2 step correction. Are you really actually able to perform all of these services in 2-3 hours? I can easily tie up 8 hours in just a 2 step paint correction not even including the other work. How many people you got working on the vehicle at one time ? I am not questioning your ability but maybe I am just a bit on the slow side. I do think you have a nice looking website.

RTexasF
06-23-2014, 11:04 AM
I`d say you need to check your site......this is what I just saw:

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q122/fgf001/SNAG-14062311023100_zps43e55b99.jpg

Really?
Exterior Clay Bar Treatment (removes all small rocks and contaminants from paint)

Beemerboy
06-23-2014, 11:42 AM
It`s all subjective to the demographics and income of your area...that said the add-ons to me confuse people..offer a few packages like you have setup and leave it at that. The full detail should include the engine, spare tire, etc!

The Driver
06-23-2014, 12:37 PM
I think you need to charge more for polishing, I think any one I`ve ever spoke to would be VERY hesitant about a 40$ polish. I think you need to educate your customers a bit more, not blow their minds but give them a general idea. Most of customers jaws drop when I tell them what the minimum time is for polishing. I understand you are a speed service Detailer but you should definitely be charging more.

Also, use a base package to hook customers in to bigger options. I do it with every Porsche. I always say, every Porsche that has been here has opted for correction, every owner is always ex tactic they did it. Right there, they never want to be the odd one out, nor do they want to pass up the opportunity. You have to view real detailing as an opportunity. I always know I`m giving the client the best, an that usually they`ve never experienced this level of detailing. To me, I always find that aspect exciting, it`s like teaching a kid how to do something for the first time.

Ronkh
06-23-2014, 02:52 PM
I`m not gonna look at your prices

YOU have to know your area and skill/work level

Xtreme717
06-23-2014, 06:01 PM
Thanks for all the input... its funny that I posted this today because I did a Supreme Detail and the guy gave me $400 cash and told me to keep the change..(obviously willing to pay for quality). And then I went and did a Full Detail at $150...I`d say a good day.

I doing work fast either. I have 1 guy that comes with me (2 guys when we have a packed day). And we focus on quality rather than quantity.

EVOlved
06-23-2014, 07:13 PM
Really?
Exterior Clay Bar Treatment (removes all small rocks and contaminants from paint)

Rocks?? When you wash rocks are leftover?? New one to me.. I would up the prices. How much time do these jobs take remember to double the time if two people are working. You should be charging around $40 per, as previously stated depending on the market somewhat.

Concours.John
06-23-2014, 08:40 PM
I`m not gonna look at your prices

YOU have to know your area and skill/work level

I can agree here. Find out where you are different in what you have to offer. You will chase your tail trying to compete on price. A higher level of Service will command a higher price. Being honest about what you can give for a certain price point done with excellence will always trump scrambling to compete with a lower price.

AtoZDetailing
06-23-2014, 09:16 PM
$15 for a polish?

trashmanssd
06-24-2014, 05:56 AM
I dont run detail a business, but I run trucking company. My only thing would be that your prices look same to slightly below what I have seen for most shops that you have to drop your car of at. I would think you could get a slight premium for the mobile service, you are burning up fuel and time traveling from site to site and saving them a ton of hassle dropping and picking up there car and having someone pick them up. Also maybe I missed it but I didnt see anything about extra $ for large SUV and Trucks, if you dont that an easy extra couple bucks to the bottom line(Edit) I did miss it writing is hard to see similar to back ground color. I would at last try a 10-20$ increase per package, like some else said can keep it the same for your repeat customers for few months to ease the "pain".