PDA

View Full Version : What detail bag are you using?

Pages : [1] 2

cleanmycorolla
06-03-2014, 04:00 PM
I currently am using a DP Detailers bag. And I`m in the market for another. Something bigger. I love it`s size. It`s just reached Max capacity. Any suggestions?

The Driver
06-03-2014, 04:02 PM
Rupes and griots, also a Stanley fat max. Ammo has one too, works awesome.

chuck2417
06-03-2014, 04:11 PM
Dewalt mobile workstation (same as Stanley fat max mobile workstation. They aren`t the most durable but extremly convenient. I also have the griots detailer bag but honestly it isn`t the best. It will hold a polisher (standard da) and a few products. The bottom compartment will fit a few pads as well. I find the mobile workstation is the best. Almost like having some shelves in a garage wherever you go! There is a husky rolling work bag that I have for my tools that is extremly durable and lots of space.

Docpeanut
06-03-2014, 04:20 PM
How much can reasonably fit into the DP bag? I`m in the market for a bag, it`s getting tiresome to make multiple trips to and from the basement

Bunky
06-03-2014, 05:04 PM
I have my Rupes and Flex in a flex bag..one of the zipper pulls broke a could weeks ago.

mnehls86
06-03-2014, 05:14 PM
I store all my supplies in the closet inside the house but I carry almost all my go to stuff in this little caddy. Granted I mainly just do my cars or try to do side jobs at my house. I really need to get a dedicated bag since even this gets too full too carry everything I need.

http://i426.photobucket.com/albums/pp341/mdnwrathchild/Caddy.jpg

cleanmycorolla
06-10-2014, 12:25 AM
How much can reasonably fit into the DP bag? I`m in the market for a bag, it`s getting tiresome to make multiple trips to and from the basement

I fit a polisher, about 7-8 bottles, 6 pads, 10 towels and little tools like swabs and applicators. It`s handy for sure. I just want something bigger.

And thanks all, I`m looking into the Flex one since I`m probably getting a Flex I want to bundle it all.

TacoHerder
06-10-2014, 12:30 AM
I got the BlackFire bag, but its too full and heavy. Need to pick up another one soon.
BLACKFIRE Professional Detail Bag (http://www.autopia-carcare.com/blackfire-detail-bag.html#.U5aXqaEo6Ag)
Might just get another one of these, really love the bag. It has been holding some serious weight for a while now and still holding up strong.

cleanmycorolla
06-10-2014, 12:34 AM
I got the BlackFire bag, but its too full and heavy. Need to pick up another one soon.
BLACKFIRE Professional Detail Bag (http://www.autopia-carcare.com/blackfire-detail-bag.html#.U5aXqaEo6Ag)
Might just get another one of these, really love the bag. It has been holding some serious weight for a while now and still holding up strong.

Do you use the shoulder strap, or just hand held? I`m looking for something with a shoulder strap that`s bearable and not too awkward feeling when packed.

TacoHerder
06-10-2014, 12:37 AM
Heck ya, shoulder strap is a must. Mine is so full the shoulder strap will bruise my shoulder if I carry it too long.... Its way too heavy to be trying to carry around with one hand all the time. My fiancé wont even try to pick up the bag.

TacoHerder
06-10-2014, 12:39 AM
The bag was also in the back of my KIA Soul when I got rear ended. Didn`t damage the bag or any of my supplies, it has some thicker padding like walls.

Pats300zx
06-10-2014, 04:50 AM
For car shows I use some of the Griots bags. For my polishers and pads etc I just use nice bags from Harbor Freight. They seem to let me keep everything in them. Gotta stay organized :)

Todd@RUPES
06-10-2014, 05:41 AM
BLACKFIRE Professional Bag... Hold`s EVERYTHING! I also have a Rupes bag that literally holds everything I need from them.

chuck2417
06-13-2014, 01:42 PM
The Griot Garage bag had a handle, shoulder strap and is built fairly well. It`s great for being mobile. I find that I need more than just that bag for all my detailing stuff, especially If I am going to someones house to detail their car.

Trouble
06-13-2014, 02:02 PM
When I go mobile I just jam all my polishers in my trunk. Everything else (other then towels) I shove in my wash bucket(s)