PDA

View Full Version : Ball Park Select (hot dogs)

Pages : [1] 2 3

PA DETAILER
05-25-2014, 04:11 PM
Been wanting to try them since i saw them on tv. 100% BEEF. Got the slow hickory smoke style yesterday. Did them on the grille today. :drool: OMG. Best hot dog i ever had. Really that good.

POPPAJ
05-25-2014, 04:32 PM
Reminds me of Jimmy Hoffa.

Trouble
05-25-2014, 04:43 PM
No points are awarded for Off Topic comments. Wish I could help you

Ronkh
05-25-2014, 04:50 PM
They plump when ya cook em

jtford95
05-25-2014, 09:06 PM
I will have to try them. Thanks for the heads up.

Stokdgs
05-25-2014, 09:42 PM
Have not seen them...
Have you tried the Costco Dogs ?
They are the same ones they sell at the Deli in front of the Costco..
You need an extra long bun which they sell too..
Dan F

EVOlved
05-25-2014, 10:12 PM
Yes these and the Oscar Meyer selects are about all I will buy at the supermarket for dogs.

Trouble
05-25-2014, 10:32 PM
Have not seen them...
Have you tried the Costco Dogs ?
They are the same ones they sell at the Deli in front of the Costco..
You need an extra long bun which they sell too..
Dan F

Costco sells Nathans Dogs. I personally would never consume that junk into my body

PA DETAILER
05-26-2014, 04:05 AM
Correction. FINEST is the name.

Ball ParkŪ - So American You Can Taste It (http://ballparkbrand.com/#!/products/premium-franks)

Bunky
05-26-2014, 05:17 AM
I usually get the Nathan`s brand -- always want the high meat (not filler) content.

Reddwarf
05-26-2014, 09:15 AM
I will have to try the Ball Bark ones. I usually buy Hebrew Nationals. I learned the hard way not to buy the 97% Fat Free ones. They were awful.

RaysWay
05-26-2014, 09:25 AM
Sabrett for me plz with everything on it.

http://ww1.prweb.com/prfiles/2012/11/28/10183698/gI_95113_Sabrett%20cart.jpg

MarkD
05-26-2014, 05:13 PM
OK, I`ll Bite! (Literally I did)

I bought two packs of the Ball Parks on the heads up, the Smoked, and the "Signature Seasonings".

With a stuck on coupon on each pack at Wally World, they came to $2.50 each.

OK, I made homemade Chicken Soup tonight for dinner, and then decided to try one of these smoked Doggies. I simply boiled the Doggie, so I might have lost something in the "translation".

What it tasted just about exactly like to me, with the first bite, and within two seconds?

A Johnsonville Smoked Bratwurst, also available in the Wally World Hot Dog Section.

Now no, I`m not going to say either are bad, because the Johnsonvilles are what I commonly buy here, because Nathans, and Hebrew National to me taste like ass.

The Nathans sold all over this country are NOT natural casing wieners like on Coney Island, far from it.

I`ve never eaten Sabretts, but would guess they are head and shoulders better than anything Wally World gets their Mitts on.

The best I ever ate? Johnsonville Natural Casing Smoked Weiners, which they probably haven`t made in 8 years, and never sold outside of Sheboygan County.

Yep, I used to live in Sheboygan, and Johnsonville is not a "fictitional" location. It is actually about 5 miles from Howards Grove, WI, where I went to High School (Class of 72)

Most butchers today, well at least here, wouldn`t know how to make dog food, let alone a good weiner, or sausage. Hell, they can`t even make good Mexican food here, and I`m only 90 miles from the Mexican border.

People here are just too goddamn lazy to make any food decent. Hate this area for food, and living in Chicago for 44 years, I have NOT seen a Poppy Seed Hot Dog Bun in 10 full years!

This area for food totally sucks. Don`t move here if you like eating good food!

Stokdgs
05-26-2014, 07:04 PM
Mark D --

I am so sorry you are in that literal good-food-vacuum-blackhole !!! :(

And coming from Chicago - wow - I can almost feel your pain...

Went there a couple of times to take some Rockwell ACD classes for a couple of weeks each, and I have to say - the food there was outstanding!!!
They really know how to make and enjoy great food !

I have driven so many thousand miles between Washington and California - to -Texas trips and have always, always, just hated to find food in New Mexico.. :( I take I-10, and the food along there and even in cities is just not good...
I know what you are talking about..

If you ever get to San Antonio, Texas, you will be stunned at the amount of great food there and Mexican food is especially outstanding..

Good luck, man !
Dan F

MarkD
05-27-2014, 07:20 AM
For sure if these new Ball Park Franks have no garbage in them, I`ll continue to buy them.
I would say they are a direct competitor to what Hebrew National and Nathans are.

They`ll probably taste better done on the grill versus boiling them. Good Sausages-Weiners-Franks usually do.

The texture of the meat is a bit coarser, seems more in line with like a Kielbasa, or a Polish Sausage, or the Johnsonville Smoked-Beef Brat, rather than the common Oscar Meyer Tube Steak.

When I get a chance to try the BP Signature Seasonings version, I`ll comment further.