PDA

View Full Version : Testing new products?

banana13
05-25-2014, 01:34 PM
hello autopia members , I was just looking at a few threads, and saw that some people get to test new products, im not trying to ask to test products, but if I had a chance I prob would, im new to this forum, do you have to be special to test products or how does this work?

Swanicyouth
05-25-2014, 04:21 PM
hello autopia members , I was just looking at a few threads, and saw that some people get to test new products, im not trying to ask to test products, but if I had a chance I prob would, im new to this forum, do you have to be special to test products or how does this work?

I think you gotta have some reputation of knowing what you are doing. This comes from being around a while, and posting some stuff you have done with pics. However, PBMG has giveaways all the time of products for a review.

I`ve won more than my fair share of stuff - and I`m a nobody and know nobody. So, dreams do come true.

banana13
05-25-2014, 08:06 PM
I think you gotta have some reputation of knowing what you are doing. This comes from being around a while, and posting some stuff you have done with pics. However, PBMG has giveaways all the time of products for a review.

I`ve won more than my fair share of stuff - and I`m a nobody and know nobody. So, dreams do come true.

Glad to hear that anyone can have the potential to test new products , sorry what does PBMG mean?

GearHead_1
05-25-2014, 08:14 PM
Palm Beach Motoring Group. Parent company to AutopiaForums and Autopia Car-Care

Swanicyouth
05-25-2014, 08:15 PM
Glad to hear that anyone can have the potential to test new products , sorry what does PBMG mean?

PBMG is Palm Beach Motoring Group. It`s the organization that owns & operates AutoGeek and Autopia Car Care - including this forum. It`s ran by Max McKee, one of the most gracious guys you will ever have the pleasure of meeting.

So, since AutoGeek (AutoGeek Online) & Autopia Car Care (Autopia /this forum) are both owned and operated by Palm Beach Motoring Group - and sell all of their own house brands (BlackFire, DP, Pinnacle, etc..) - a lot of times we just refer to the whole shebang as "PBMG".

TroyScherer
05-25-2014, 08:28 PM
I have been sent a few products to do reviews on. But many reviews that I have done are from my own purchases.

GearHead_1
05-25-2014, 08:47 PM
I have been sent a few products to do reviews on. But many reviews that I have done are from my own purchases.

Makes your reviews easier to trust as the chances for bias go down. You`re under no perceived obligation to say good things about a product you paid for before reviewing.