PDA

View Full Version : Steam Cleaning Door Jambs

bswombaugh
05-15-2014, 08:35 PM
Is it safe to use a steam cleaner on areas such as door jambs, fender wells and wheels ?

mrclean81
05-15-2014, 09:21 PM
Yes sir. I like to use a waterless wash product on jambs in conjunction with the steamer, but steam alone will do the job. Wheels and wells can be done as well, but sometimes it takes a while.

Stokdgs
05-16-2014, 06:25 AM
My VX5000 is also invaluable in cleaning the door hinge areas that are really dirty and full of crap that all the cars in the Northwest get in there..

Just try to stay away from the actual hinges and the grease that is on them so as to not remove too much of it... I know, it needs to look neat, but they need the grease to continue to work well and not get corroded and stuff..

Wheel wells - I prefer my pressure washer after spraying a good APC or Degreaser up around there... Steam will certainly do this too, but I still like my process..

Wheels - - I prefer my wheel cleaner and pressure washer again.. I dont want to be that close to all that brake dust coming off and I can go much faster for my needs.. Steam can certainly do this but depending on how much PSI you have, it might take longer..

Good luck !
Dan F

JSFM35X
05-16-2014, 07:08 AM
I have a steamer and find it useful for backed on caked on dirt in jambs and hard to reach areas. Now that I own one, I find it much faster to clean with chemical and a brush unless its in a hard to reach area.

Todd@RUPES
05-16-2014, 07:55 AM
Is it safe to use a steam cleaner on areas such as door jambs, fender wells and wheels ?

Yes, and often times steam will work better on things that regular washing/apc-scrubbing, won`t work on... But 9 out of 10 times, its going to be faster just to wash them and save the steam for that nasty road tar that your APC won`t touch...