PDA

View Full Version : BugSquash Pre-Soak Questions

TRD_Power
05-15-2014, 05:34 PM
Hey, Everybody. I`ve been doing a ton of reading up on using BugSquash as a pre-soak lately, but I had just a couple questions that I couldn`t really get answers to.

1: Is it alright to use it as a pre-soak every time you was your car?

2: Will it strip the wax off?

3: Is it good for regular dirt and grime? I know it`s good for road tar, bugs, etc., but I just want to make sure it`s alright to use for just regular washes all the time (kind of ties in with question 1).

4: will it damage the protective Suntech mask I have on my front end?

Sorry if these are pretty basic questions, but I found some clashing information around and thought I`d list all these off.

Thanks!

Old Pirate
05-15-2014, 05:47 PM
Use it 3:1 for a normal pre-wash or stronger for heavily soiled areas. On the Suntech mask I would be careful in that area ( test small area first ). If you want a good pre-soak product try using Detailer`s Xtreme Foam Formula Auto Shampoo or CarPro Iron X Snow Soap with the Pinnacle Quart Foamaster Foam Gun. The Bug Squash is one heck of a bug remover that should carry in the car at all times when driving around. I don`t use it for pre-soaking my ride but use it to remove dead bugs off the front end everyday.

chet31
05-15-2014, 09:14 PM
I have found the Bug Squash good on bugs, not so good on tar. To me it seems like a modified APC. The stronger the solution is, the more it will pull the wax off.

Bunky
05-16-2014, 06:20 AM
The recommended dilution for lsp safe is 1:3 but I am sure it could vary depending on LSP - some low longevity carnauba`s to the more durable waxes/sealants.

Ronkh
05-16-2014, 10:34 AM
I use it as a pre wash/soak
1/3 for normal stuff, no lsp degrade

No problem for me on xpell ultimate

When I lived up north, it even got rid of wet leaf marks after they had dried on car, when regular wash wouldn`t

TRD_Power
05-16-2014, 02:23 PM
Use it 3:1 for a normal pre-wash or stronger for heavily soiled areas. On the Suntech mask I would be careful in that area ( test small area first ). If you want a good pre-soak product try using Detailer`s Xtreme Foam Formula Auto Shampoo or CarPro Iron X Snow Soap with the Pinnacle Quart Foamaster Foam Gun. The Bug Squash is one heck of a bug remover that should carry in the car at all times when driving around. I don`t use it for pre-soaking my ride but use it to remove dead bugs off the front end everyday.

I actually just ordered a Pinnacle Foamaster the other day, which comes with 2oz of the Detailer`s Xtreme Foam :) So we`ll see how that works first! Maybe jump up to the BugSquash if I get some tough spots. I just was afraid the BugSquash would get into the adhesive on the SunTech mask.

Thanks for all the great replies, everyone! By the way, what does LSP mean exactly?

Old Pirate
05-16-2014, 02:34 PM
I actually just ordered a Pinnacle Foamaster the other day, which comes with 2oz of the Detailer`s Xtreme Foam :) So we`ll see how that works first! Maybe jump up to the BugSquash if I get some tough spots. I just was afraid the BugSquash would get into the adhesive on the SunTech mask.

Thanks for all the great replies, everyone! By the way, what does LSP mean exactly?

" LSP " ..... Last Step Product

Ronkh
05-16-2014, 03:17 PM

As I said, no problems w expel
but then again, I`ve only washed it a few times, but again today

Reddwarf
05-17-2014, 09:08 AM
I really like PB Bug Squash but I only use it for spot treatment of bug or bird bombs. They also sell Bird Sh*t remover and that is very good too. Again, I don`t use as a presoak. If I need a presoak with a really dirty call I use PB APC diluted 10:1