PDA

View Full Version : Where to get good spray bottles?

Pages : [1] 2

Fleet
05-28-2004, 09:38 PM
This may be a silly issue, but I can`t seem to find any "aftermarket" spray bottles that work well. Actually, it`s the nozzles that fail me. When I tighten them, and pull the trigger, it still sprays. Where can I get some 32 oz bottles that close and spray nicely? I tried the "Big Blast" from topofthe line, and it failed. I tried a bottle from Detailersparadise, and the same problem.

I want a large bottle for my wheel cleaner. The P21s bottle I have won`t close completely, either!

maecrispy
05-28-2004, 09:47 PM
Might want to give these guys a shot. Cheap prices.

http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/category.asp?catalog%5Fname=USPlastic&category%5Fname=Bottles+with+Trigger+Sprayers&Page=1

JimS
05-29-2004, 06:46 AM
Have you tried their sprayers? Lots of innovative choices! Wonder if they work?

Poorboy
05-29-2004, 07:46 AM
Originally posted by Fleet
Actually, it`s the nozzles that fail me. When I tighten them, and pull the trigger, it still sprays.
:confused: why are you pulling the trigger after it`s closed..it usually breaks the mechanism:dunno :doh

OI812
05-29-2004, 09:38 AM
Just a suggestion, I have some Hudson spray bottles that I got at a local garden center. Really nice spray bottles and seem to be durable. I think they were around $3. I had a couple of the bottles more than 3 years, and that sitting in my garage through a harsh WI. winter.

maecrispy
05-29-2004, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by JimS
Have you tried their sprayers? Lots of innovative choices! Wonder if they work?

I have. Just ordered some recently (the high flow sprayers, specifically for use with Poorboy`s S&W) and they work great for me. No leaking and good control of the spray. I`m pretty happy with them, especially since the price is so reasonable.

Beemerboy
05-29-2004, 09:54 AM
ON this subject anyone know of a spray bottle for wheel cleaner that can take the acid based cleaners. I have yet to find one that you don`t have to clean after you get sone with the car. What I`ve been doing is after I get done take apart and spray with water to get the soloution out of the sprayer part

elortt
05-29-2004, 11:09 AM
spray bottle no, but I know where you can get a sprayer for wheel cleaner like this, its a 2 gallon acid sprayer for about $40.00 or so :dunno

Beemerboy
05-29-2004, 03:09 PM
That might be the way to go they have to be better than the small spray bottles. The acid eats the rubber inside the sprayer and then they don`t spray, its a hassle more than anything

freedre
05-29-2004, 03:19 PM
I just keep recycling my wife`s Windex (or whatever) bottles. They don`t last too long but I seem to have a steady supply that I can depend on.

ben54
05-29-2004, 08:57 PM
Try Costco. I got a 4 pack of industrial spray bottles from the cleaning supply section. I put my S&W in it, and it mists the car evenly. Doesn`t seem to hold up too well when using solvent based tire dressings, but everything else seems to work okay.

rhillstr
05-30-2004, 07:44 AM
This may be a silly issue, but I can`t seem to find any "aftermarket" spray bottles that work well. Actually, it`s the nozzles that fail me. When I tighten them, and pull the trigger, it still sprays. Where can I get some 32 oz bottles that close and spray nicely? I tried the "Big Blast" from topofthe line, and it failed. I tried a bottle from Detailersparadise, and the same problem.

I want a large bottle for my wheel cleaner. The P21s bottle I have won`t close completely, either!

I use a spray bottle made by Rubbermaid that I buy at Target for 2.99 The bottle lets you fine tune your spray from mist to spray to stream very smoothly. They are super durable too keeping with the rubbermaid tradition.

bemil
05-30-2004, 08:30 AM
I`ll second the rubbermaid bottles from Target.

They hold up great

:)

justayoungmc
05-30-2004, 03:32 PM
http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=USPlastic&category%5Fname=Bottles+with+Trigger+Sprayers&product%5Fid=Industrial+Barrier+Chemical+Spray+Bot tle

says it is specificaly for "fuel additives, brake fluid, tire cleaner"

Coastal Eddie
05-31-2004, 01:50 PM

Finding a trigger sprayer that will last for a couple of weeks has become a quest for me. I spend a ton of money on those things and most I`ve tried fail.

Thanks for the tips fellas, I`ll try the ones from Rubbermaid & give U.S. Plastics a whirl.

Thx for starting this thread Fleet :)