PDA

View Full Version : AR15 Fans? (Anti-gunners don`t waste your time on this thread)

GearHead_1
05-08-2014, 06:29 PM
If there are any AR fans out there and you want to try your hand at building one from scratch for not a lot of cash here`s a kit that`s worth looking at.

I was a bit skeptical to try one of these when this sale came around last time but took a chance. I bought two of these and the kits were great considering the cost. The triggers took a bit of massaging to get below 5 lb. pull weight but came out great with a bit of added attention.

The kit is complete minus the lower receiver, rear sight and magazine. The receivers can be purchased sub $100 if you shop around. Basically you end up with a mid-length carbine ready for optics for about $600.

These kits typically don`t last long at this price.

Here`s the link:

Del-Ton, Inc. AR-15 16" Mid-Length Light weight Rifle Kit (http://www.del-ton.com/Rifle_Kit_p/rkt108.htm) ;)

The Driver
05-08-2014, 06:43 PM
One of my buddies builds them, such an awesome machine :)

Shame on all these bogus laws an this awful witch hunt by the media.

Stokdgs
05-08-2014, 06:48 PM
I loved my M16 the entire time I was in the Military...
Dan F

GearHead_1
05-08-2014, 07:27 PM
One of my buddies builds them...

I know a bit about this :cool:

GearHead_1
05-08-2014, 07:28 PM
I loved my M16 the entire time I was in the Military...
Dan F

Like I indicated Dan, you didn`t have to read this. This is assuming I understood your ellipsis correctly. :D

Stokdgs
05-08-2014, 08:11 PM
Like I indicated Dan, you didn`t have to read this. This is assuming I understood your ellipsis correctly. :D

Mi Amigo in Arms -
We are so on the same page... :)
Dan F

GearHead_1
05-08-2014, 08:39 PM
Mi Amigo in Arms -
We are so on the same page... :)
Dan F

Ahhh... another Dire Straits fan. ;)

Dire Straits - Brothers In Arms (Official Video) - YouTube

tropicsteve
05-08-2014, 09:25 PM
hooah that, you can never have too many guns. (or detailing stuff) :bigups
I built 6.8spc ar out of dpms parts. it was a lot of fun to assemble and is a very nice rifle.

GearHead_1
05-08-2014, 09:33 PM
hooah that, you can never have too many guns. (or detailing stuff) :bigups
I built 6.8spc ar out of dpms parts. it was a lot of fun to assemble and is a very nice rifle.

I`d like to try a .308 build on the DPMS platform. I`m thinking your 6.8 would be a fun one to shoot.

valleyrider
05-08-2014, 09:47 PM
An AR is my next build. I have a decent .308 target gun, nothing special - just for fun, not competition grade.

Too many laws and restrictions in California. Group build parties for 80% lowers are out of the question here so its either buy the tools to do it yourself or go buy a registered lower from the nearest FFL.

Bullet buttons are not fun either!

tropicsteve
05-08-2014, 09:49 PM
oh yeah, that .308 set up would be my next build too. the 6.8 is fun to shoot, but like everything else, ammo isn`t readily available now and when you do find it, it`s pretty expensive. I am seeing a lot more 5.56 around now.

Lou Bunn
05-09-2014, 08:22 AM
I had a AR-15 and sold it to buy the AR-15 Carbine, all this back in the early `80`s. Now, for the OMG`s - bought first gun for $425, sold it for $425, bought second one for $500, and later sold it for $500. If I had just kept both.............
Currently only have a Winchester 12 gauge street sweeper and my dad`s old Colt Trooper Special .357

mnehls86
05-09-2014, 09:14 AM
I finished my lower build a couple months ago and have just been lagging on buying the parts for the upper. I watched a 300 AAC Blackout build and considered trying that out but ammo just costs too much. I believe I would just need the barrel and muzzle brake so I might still try it out later.

An AR is my next build. I have a decent .308 target gun, nothing special - just for fun, not competition grade.

Too many laws and restrictions in California. Group build parties for 80% lowers are out of the question here so its either buy the tools to do it yourself or go buy a registered lower from the nearest FFL.

Bullet buttons are not fun either!

You should try out a 80% polymer lower. Lots available online and really easy to drill out and very functional so far.

These guys are near you.
80% Lower Receivers - 80 Percent Lower (http://www.eparmory.com/Lower-Receivers-s/1819.htm)

valleyrider
05-09-2014, 11:51 AM
These guys are near you.
80% Lower Receivers - 80 Percent Lower (http://www.eparmory.com/Lower-Receivers-s/1819.htm)

EP Armory recently got raided by ATF effectively ending their 80% polymer lowers unfortunately. You`ll see they are all marked out of stock now and I don`t believe they will be producing any more.

mnehls86
05-09-2014, 12:09 PM
EP Armory recently got raided by ATF effectively ending their 80% polymer lowers unfortunately. You`ll see they are all marked out of stock now and I don`t believe they will be producing any more.

What! Damn. I had that linked bookmarked for a long time and didn`t look at the page before posting it. That is too bad. I know of another company too but I will have to see what their status is.