PDA

View Full Version : EZ Creme Glaze - What is it?

chet31
04-24-2014, 05:06 PM
To me, a glaze is used to fill in microswirls. It makes the car temporarily look better, but can interfere with sealant adherence. Anyway, I bought some EZ Creme a couple of years ago thinking it was a filler, and did not notice any "filling" effects.

I also know Meg`s and some other companies use the term "glaze" differently, so maybe EZ Creme is not a glaze as I would define it.

I`ve heard other people say that EZ Creme glaze is a cleaner, not a filler. It`s a good last step before applying sealant, because it gets rid of the last bit of dirt, oils left behind by polishing, etc.

The write-up on the bottle implies it`s a cleaner. Any thoughts?

mrclean81
04-24-2014, 06:40 PM
Its a glaze that doesn`t really fill or correct anything. In other words, its time wasted that could be spent doing a final polishing step.

silverfox
04-24-2014, 06:59 PM
Its best used post-final polish, pre-LSP. It cleans the oils left by polish and amps the gloss big time. I can always tell a car that`s been glazed.

The Gloss Boss
04-24-2014, 07:26 PM
Its best used post-final polish, pre-LSP. It cleans the oils left by polish and amps the gloss big time. I can always tell a car that`s been glazed.

IPA is a much cheaper way to remove oils. If it`s "amping" the gloss it is either filling or correcting so it would probably interfere with LSP durability.

chet31
04-24-2014, 11:00 PM
If it`s amping the shine because it`s doing a bit of polishing, great. If it`s adding some filler, that`s OK too, as long as I know. The problem is, Chemical Guys` product description does not make it clear one way or the other. One reputable online detailing vendor says it`s a filler in their own write-up of the product, while the product description from CG implies it`s a polish. Oh well, I was trying to find a use for it, I`ll go back to using it as a tar remover (it`s actually not bad at that).

mrclean81
04-24-2014, 11:06 PM
If your looking for a good glaze, check out Todds Glaze Showdown. Its well worth taking a look at.
http://www.autopiaforums.com/forums/paint-correction-gloss-enhancement/43787-ultimate-glaze-showdown.html

The Gloss Boss
04-24-2014, 11:17 PM
If it`s amping the shine because it`s doing a bit of polishing, great. If it`s adding some filler, that`s OK too, as long as I know. The problem is, Chemical Guys` product description does not make it clear one way or the other. One reputable online detailing vendor says it`s a filler in their own write-up of the product, while the product description from CG implies it`s a polish. Oh well, I was trying to find a use for it, I`ll go back to using it as a tar remover (it`s actually not bad at that).

I remember an old write up done by Todd Cooperider where he used it to restore some shabby rubber gaskets or something around a Ferrari convertible`s windshield. There are a lot of off-use labels for products.

Meticulous
04-25-2014, 06:31 AM
I use Wet Glaze 2.0 on my Shelby (show car) and other show cars I detail. I use it on top of the LSP to add glow, shine and gloss. My Shelby is swirl free and very well maintained but when I add Wet Glaze 2.0 it looks dripping wet like, you can stick your hand in the paint. Wet Glaze is a pure gloss enhancer. Wet Glaze 2.0 is made with acrylic polymers which allows it to be topped with a wax or sealant without any bonding or application issues. It can be used over or under your LSP. I bought a case before they stopped production.

Glazes have a place in the detailing world.

2 pics of wet glaze 2.0 on my rides
http://i.imgur.com/0AuRq.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/935467_167246633443034_1156915357_n.jpg

Todd@RUPES
04-25-2014, 08:36 AM
It reminds be of the old Danese Wet Glaze. It amps up gloss, much like an acrylic sealant, but doesn`t offer much filing.

Meticulous
04-25-2014, 09:26 AM
It reminds be of the old Danese Wet Glaze. It amps up gloss, much like an acrylic sealant, but doesn`t offer much filing.

"Originally Bob of Danase had been working on a new version of Danase Wet Glaze but never finished, so we acquired the base formula from Bob and began the process of finishing it. While doing this we knew that Danase Wet Glaze (DWG) had a strong following and was the leader among glazes in the industry. We also know that other glazes available today have taken a step forward with improvements so we felt it was best to continue with the improved version to stay ahead of the game and put our best foot forward to distinguish Wet Glaze 2.0 among other glazes"

The Detail Shoppe: Wet Glaze 2.0 Frequently Asked Questions (http://thedetailshoppe.blogspot.com/2011/07/wet-glaze-20-frequently-asked-questions.html)

Meticulous
04-25-2014, 09:27 AM
BTW if you are looking for something similar look at Obsessive Detail Wet Shine Glaze.