PDA

View Full Version : Dremel detailing

rockford33
05-27-2004, 10:32 AM
Ok, I just got my Wenol polishes yesterday so I started playing under the hood polishing a few items. Unfortunately, some of the items are kinda small or intricate (like the bracket on the fuel rail). I was able to polish it some, but it is hard to rub in some places because my fingers just don`t fit. I was thinking of using the Dremel buffing wheel to get into those tight/awkward spaces. Anyone have any tips/suggestions on how to do this (or have they done it themselves)? I am tring to avoid a lot of splatter or waste of product.

Thanks

Bob
05-27-2004, 12:50 PM
I used a dremel to polish the a/c tubes and any other bare metal on my coupe. It slings polish all over the freaking place.

rockford33
05-28-2004, 09:18 AM
Yeah, I tired a little last night and it flung stuff pretty good. The buffing wheel was black in seconds, and this was after I had already cleaned it the night before! I am going to keep trying to use it to get into those little nooks and crannies (like an English Muffin!!). Also started using the sanding drums to clean the rust of the A/C lines. A lot of pits though, and I don`t want to sand the lines down that much to get rid of them. Looks like more work ahead.....