PDA

View Full Version : Ink Pen mark on leather seats

atlantarange
03-24-2014, 03:12 PM
uughh!!! My wife`s aunt accident put about a 2 inch ink pen mark on the leather seats of her Lexus Rx 330. I read many many post about this and I was just confused on what to try or not try. Sooo.. I tried the Alcohol method and it lightened the pen mark up very very well without lightened the color of the leather. After placing the alcohol on the mark for 30 seconds, I would dab the spot with a damp white cloth. Never rubbing. I then cleaned the spot with Leather Master and followed up with the conditioner. Looks very well but still irks me that there is still a little pen mark left. Exactly what have you guys done to completely get rid of pen marks on leather? Is there something I can buy to completely remove it? I just dont want to harm the leather. thanks

Todd@RUPES
03-24-2014, 03:26 PM
uughh!!! My wife`s aunt accident put about a 2 inch ink pen mark on the leather seats of her Lexus Rx 330. I read many many post about this and I was just confused on what to try or not try. Sooo.. I tried the Alcohol method and it lightened the pen mark up very very well without lightened the color of the leather. After placing the alcohol on the mark for 30 seconds, I would dab the spot with a damp white cloth. Never rubbing. I then cleaned the spot with Leather Master and followed up with the conditioner. Looks very well but still irks me that there is still a little pen mark left. Exactly what have you guys done to completely get rid of pen marks on leather? Is there something I can buy to completely remove it? I just dont want to harm the leather. thanks

Try Leather Master Ink Away (http://www.autopia-carcare.com/leather-master-ink-away.html#.UzCUxPldUyE): I personally would recommend against alcohol as I have seen it remove color on some cheap factory coatings and re-dyes.

Beemerboy
03-24-2014, 03:44 PM
This is what I have used with great success...I also don`t wipe the area blot so you don`t smear the ink

MoreShine | Xenit Citrus (http://www.moreshine.com/Products/xenitcitrus)

RaysWay
03-24-2014, 03:58 PM
This is what I have used with great success...I also don`t wipe the area blot so you don`t smear the ink

Great tip! I`ll remember you every time I use Ink Away Beemerboy! :bigups

Mike lambert
03-24-2014, 04:20 PM
Aqua net hairspray works very well!

Quiksilver5882
03-24-2014, 09:18 PM
Folex is excellent at removing ink stains. Meguiars APC or Optimum Power Clean at a 1:10 dilution should work well too.

Trouble
03-24-2014, 09:22 PM
I would`ve gone nuts yelling at my wifes aunt. Why are ppl so careless in other ppl`s cars!

radarryan
03-24-2014, 09:56 PM
Try Leather Master Ink Away (http://www.autopia-carcare.com/leather-master-ink-away.html#.UzCUxPldUyE): I personally would recommend against alcohol as I have seen it remove color on some cheap factory coatings and re-dyes.

I agree with Ink Away - it`s a great product. I have seen it work on aniline leather, too. Great product to have that you hope you never have to use.

Todd@RUPES
03-24-2014, 10:32 PM
I agree with Ink Away - it`s a great product. I have seen it work on aniline leather, too. Great product to have that you hope you never have to use.

Ain`t that the truth!

atlantarange
03-26-2014, 11:16 AM
Thanks all... Im going to try the ink away. Will let you know the outcome once I receive it.

Todd@RUPES
03-27-2014, 08:18 AM
Thanks all... Im going to try the ink away. Will let you know the outcome once I receive it.

Make sure to let us know....

Regarding the hairspray, it probably would work on most factory seats BUT if you come across unhealthy leather or a re-dye, you are going to have a soupy, colored mess on your hands.