PDA

View Full Version : Do you ever tip the ....

Poorboy
05-27-2004, 09:38 AM
Do you ever tip the gas guy who fills your tank?

I did this morning:) the guy was super careful putting the hose in and was even more careful removing it:bigups
Granted it was only my mini-van, but it was appreciated by me and then you should have seen the :D on his face

Beemerboy
05-27-2004, 09:44 AM
Where are you that they have full service gas stations? Mayberry:lmfao :lmfao :lmfao

With the price of gas here in CA they should wash your car for you.:lmfao

JeffBruce
05-27-2004, 10:02 AM
Self serve here......no tipping
I would tip Natty`s assistant if I had the the chance
jeff

Poorboy
05-27-2004, 10:07 AM
the beauty of living so close to New Jersey where self service is illegal:D

Big Leegr
05-27-2004, 10:07 AM
Years back (I`m not saying when) I worked at a full serve station. There was one guy who had an old 4 door Nova that came around about every 2 weeks. He always tipped $2.00 on a fill. Word got around and when his car came up, there was a scramble for it! He didn`t have to wait!
For the most part, nobody tipped. They seemed to think they were paying enough for gas (Increase in price doesn`t go into attendants` pockets, by the way).
The ones that bugged me were the ones who never come to your station unless the weather was terrible (blizzard) and then wanted only $2.00 to "keep them going `till they could fill up at the other station" or wanted you to fix something on the car (thought full serve meant free repair too!).

On another note, where`s the before and afters on your van Poorboy?

Bob
05-27-2004, 10:09 AM
I an not remember the last time I saw a gas attendant pump gas. You crazy New Jerseyians!

Wait a sec! The gas station should tip me for pumping my own!

Poorboy
05-27-2004, 10:35 AM
not only do they pump it for you but their prices are the cheapest too....

$1.96 for regular:dunno

ashsarna
05-27-2004, 11:43 AM
Wait there!! for $1.96, can you priority ship that to where i am:rolleyes: .

dr_detail
05-27-2004, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Poorboy

...$1.96 for regular

Yeah, but who wants to live in Jersey:dunno
:lmfao :rolling :rolling :lmfao

groebuck
05-27-2004, 12:54 PM
Tony Soprano :lol but I doubt he pays 1.96 for gas !

ben54
05-27-2004, 11:20 PM
I lived in Orgeon for several years, and there were no self serve stations when I was there. I guess I was thoughtless becuase I never tipped the gas station attendant. I suppose it would have been nice, but it wasn`t customary.

On a side note, if you are ever in Japan, you should watch how they pump gas. First several attendants will run to your car to pump the gas, clean the windshield, etc. Then, as you get ready to leave, several of the attendants will block traffic for you so that you can enter the street safely. As you leave, they wave and bow. Sometime from the train, you can see the attendants waving from the gas station on the street below. Now if anyone deserved a tip, those guys certainly do, but tipping for any service is not customary in Japan.