PDA

View Full Version : The ultimate detailing headphones...

Pages : [1] 2

The Driver
02-20-2014, 04:42 PM
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/hellobragi/the-dash-wireless-smart-in-ear-headphones

Very intuitive, I pre ordered a set. God I love having no cables! I wish they could make wireless polishers!

dc52nv
02-20-2014, 06:15 PM
There are various wireless headphones out there right now for cheap. They are nothing like the ones you posted but they sync up to my cell phone via Bluetooth and are very effective for music listening.

The Driver
02-20-2014, 06:34 PM
There are various wireless headphones out there right now for cheap. They are nothing like the ones you posted but they sync up to my cell phone via Bluetooth and are very effective for music listening.

I currently have the jbl j46bt`s, there nice but still have some kind of cord to each other. The performance is awesome. However like I said these are on a whole new level, plus the waterproofing really does it.

Stokdgs
02-20-2014, 07:24 PM
I say No to Detailing with headphones... :)

Would rather have a good 5-channel system on top of the long line of garage cabinets playing music in the background softly, or listening to the Formula-1 race I missed last Sunday...

Im getting paid good money to put my full attention on a vehicle and not have to split my brain up to do more than 2 things at once already..

Would you want to have someone entrusted with one of your most valuable possessions and only give you about (insert the Percentage Number here) Percent attention and effort??

What if it was the Heart Surgeon or Neurosurgeon working on an aneurysm you came into the hospital with?

Sorry, I love you guys and gals, I know from seeing pictures - what about 10 years ago - that wearing the required white Ipod headphones was somehow the proper attire for Detailing, and certainly, some astounding work was/is accomplished with them on, and I applaud anyone who can do that brain spit thing so much better than I...
Dan F

TacoHerder
02-20-2014, 08:36 PM
Think I can get half off since Im def in one ear?

The Driver
02-20-2014, 08:37 PM
Lol, not all people function the same. I function far better with music, to say sound is a distraction is like stating light (which we all need to detail) is a major distraction. Now, what type of music, that`s a different story. Bottom line I`m way more attentive with them on than off. Just me an the car, no machine noise or outside distractions.

RaysWay
02-20-2014, 10:56 PM
Ya I prefer to do a lot of things while having music in the background. That looks like a great price for those headphones. I use Munitio Nines on a Fiio E6 and just run the cord on the inside of my shirt.

Stokdgs
02-21-2014, 04:02 AM
Lol, not all people function the same. I function far better with music, to say sound is a distraction is like stating light (which we all need to detail) is a major distraction. Now, what type of music, that`s a different story. Bottom line I`m way more attentive with them on than off. Just me an the car, no machine noise or outside distractions.

Light is a major distraction ? Really ?

Ok, good luck with this... :)
Dan F

Swanicyouth
02-21-2014, 07:37 AM
Unless you wanna spend like hundreds of dollars, the best headphones I`ve found are Skullcandy FMJs. Not sure if they make that exact model anymore, I think they are about $70. I`ve tried a few and liked these best.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/21/uhypa9y8.jpg

I`ve also tried Bluetooth headphones - but the Sony pair I tried was horrible. Not so much the BT, but they constantly fell off your ears.

However, I usually just have my IPhone plugged into a speaker so I can listen to what I want and not use headphones.

Todd@RUPES
02-21-2014, 08:45 AM
I feel like I detail much better and get into the "Detailing Zen Mode" when I am listening to music. Thanks for the link.

The Driver
02-21-2014, 10:32 AM
Light is a major distraction ? Really ?

Ok, good luck with this... :)
Dan F

The same as music, if you had strobes lights going off in your face you probably wouldn`t be able to detail. The same goes for music, a nice simple track that requires not a lot of though helps block things out. Ie ambient music. Like I said, to say all music is distracting is making the same assumption about light. They can both effect the senses in good an bad depending on how they are projected.

RaysWay
02-21-2014, 10:46 AM
I`ve also tried Bluetooth headphones - but the Sony pair I tried was horrible. Not so much the BT, but they constantly fell off your ears.

You should try Comply Foam Tips. I`ve replaced all my ear buds with Comply foam. I used to hate ear buds because they would always fall off my ears. With Comply foam tips they fit snuggly into my ear. Sealing the ear improves the sound quality too.

Beemerboy
02-21-2014, 10:56 AM
I don`t care of HP for the most part unless I`m going to listen to music only...I don`t wear them or use them in my day to day life...

Plus while I`m detailing I like to listen to the detail and become one with it...LOL

Signed Zen

Swanicyouth
02-21-2014, 11:42 AM
You should try Comply Foam Tips. I`ve replaced all my ear buds with Comply foam. I used to hate ear buds because they would always fall off my ears. With Comply foam tips they fit snuggly into my ear. Sealing the ear improves the sound quality too.

The Sony`s weren`t buds, they were these:

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/22/rurara7a.jpg

While the BT and battery worked OK, the physical design was horrible. They constantly fell out of your ears. I wanted to wrap duct tape around my head to keep them in.

Anyway, the battery eventually wouldn`t take a charge. I planned on taking them apart to see if I could just replace the battery somehow, as they were around $100. But, so far I`ve been too lazy to do so.

Stokdgs
02-21-2014, 02:37 PM
From BeemerBoy ---

Plus while I`m detailing I like to listen to the detail and become one with it...LOL

YES !!!!!
DanF