PDA

View Full Version : Best way to clean detail towels and rag

atlantarange
02-18-2014, 09:54 PM
Hello all. I need to wash my detail items and wanted to know the best way to do so.. I have a bag of dirty microfiber towels, and couple of Guzzler towels used to dry the car, and some Waffle white towels that are made for cleaning the windows. How should I clean/wash them? Any help would be appreciated it. Thanks.

spoocobra
02-19-2014, 01:12 AM
Well I wash them in hot/warm All Free and Clear with a little baking soda, then during the rinse cycle I add some white distilled vinegar. Dry on low and NO fabric sheets or softner.

Todd@RUPES
02-19-2014, 12:08 PM
IMO, the very best way to clean them is with a dedicated microfiber detergent in your washing machine.

BLACKFIRE Advanced Microfiber Cleaner & Restorer is my favorite. If you have an HE machine, then use Pinnacle Micro Rejuvenator.

RTexasF
02-19-2014, 12:17 PM
http://www.autopiaforums.com/forums/blackfire-product-guide-how/38056-washing-your-microfiber-towels.html

512detail
02-19-2014, 12:18 PM
IMO, the very best way to clean them is with a dedicated microfiber detergent in your washing machine.

BLACKFIRE Advanced Microfiber Cleaner & Restorer is my favorite. If you have an HE machine, then use Pinnacle Micro Rejuvenator.

works great! buy it by the gallon

its funny when you have more mf detergent than laundry detergent!

XxBoostinxX
02-19-2014, 01:14 PM

Or Wolfgang Microfiber Rejuvenator (http://m.autopia-carcare.com/best-microfiber-cleaner.html). Went out on a limb and bought some when running low on micro-restore. Thought it cleaned better than micro-restore and is way better than CG microfiber detergent. For some reason CG leaves a film. Maybe I was using too much?

Evan.J
02-19-2014, 01:55 PM

^^^

This. I think the Blackfire MF wash is the best hands down

Woob
02-19-2014, 02:47 PM
This may help:

http://www.autopiaforums.com/forums/members-how-library/44596-ultimate-microfiber-towel-care-guide-liquid-finish.html

Bit biased...

atlantarange
02-19-2014, 10:56 PM
wow. So if I wash the towels with regular Tide it will add chemical and destroy the towels?

Also is there a different washing method to wash Cobra Waffle Weave Microfiber Glass Towel than it is just the regular microfiber towels? The dang waffle weave glass towels are my pride and joy. Definitely wouldnt want to destroy those.

insight3fl
02-22-2014, 06:57 PM
This being my first post since buying my new Infiniti Q60 S (owned the original G35 coupe 2003 and drove it until my first set of plugs at 190,000miles last month) and lurking here and buying all the pro products reviewed, I am no pro, obviously, but I bought big box store MF towels in a bundle, washed them twice in the standard laundry to make them lint free and have been washing them several times since every weekend after getting them minimally dirty. They have served me well with standard washing and the nice thing is, they are small, when I drop one or get it soiled, I just reach for a clean one since I have a dozen of them! Could not afford a dozen of the $24 type. This is the only product I did not drop for after learning so much on the forum the past three weeks. Thanks for all the help and tips.

wow. So if I wash the towels with regular Tide it will add chemical and destroy the towels?

Also is there a different washing method to wash Cobra Waffle Weave Microfiber Glass Towel than it is just the regular microfiber towels? The dang waffle weave glass towels are my pride and joy. Definitely wouldnt want to destroy those.

Woob
02-23-2014, 02:43 AM

If you have dyes, perfumes, bleach, and softener it reduces the effectiveness of the microfiber. So, cheap or expensive I just recommend people "free-rinse" the microfiber wash phase and allow the fibers to work correctly.

lobster poutine
02-23-2014, 11:49 AM
i like to pre soak in 1z blitz...