PDA

View Full Version : Snow boss shovel/pusher

Pages : [1] 2

PA DETAILER
02-10-2014, 06:40 AM
Penguin® SnoBoss? Snow Pusher - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hby-kDNgn2M)

Interesting. Anyone try one of these? Wondering how it would compare to a regular shovel? Of course home depot and lowes are sold out here.

Found them at our tractor supply store. $40

PA DETAILER
02-10-2014, 02:08 PM
As luck would have it, the beer distributor across the street has one. So i got to test it out. Really well made and not heavy. Great for pushing the snow. As long as its not the heavy type. Used as a shovel it was not bad either. It does clear a decent amount of snow.

Meticulous
02-10-2014, 06:22 PM
Penguin® SnoBoss? Snow Pusher - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hby-kDNgn2M)

Interesting. Anyone try one of these? Wondering how it would compare to a regular shovel? Of course home depot and lowes are sold out here.

Found them at our tractor supply store. $40

I have been looking all over for that shovel! Can`t find it anywhere, how much for shipping and can I get it before Wednesday?

Paul Mitchell
02-10-2014, 07:08 PM
This was on Amazon and it may be available on more sites:

True Temper 26-Inch SnoBoss Pusher and Shovel Poly Blade With Steel Wear Strip
by Ames True Temper
101 customer reviews
List Price: $52.28
Price: $51.78 + $9.31 shipping
You Save: $0.50 (1%)
In Stock.
Ships from and sold by TrueValueSuperStore.
26-inch High capacity blade with wear strip that can be used as pusher or shovel
Ergonomist designed midgrips and end grip for optimal hand placement/back posture when lifting
Foot step for maximum leverage
Single piece, lightweight aluminum handle
Reversible for tight steps and stairs
› See more product details

Check Home Depot - they had it listed for $35.97. Don`t know about availability.

jtford95
02-10-2014, 07:13 PM
I have seen those at the Sam`s Club by me. I don`t think there is any more there tho. I was looking at them too. I think it was under 35$

PA DETAILER
02-10-2014, 07:51 PM
Our lowes & home depot was out of them. I did locate them at our tractor supply store. Or as mentioned above, order it from amazon.

Checked e-bay. They have them, but $55

DKumarm3
02-10-2014, 08:07 PM
Saw at Bj`s yesterday for I think $29.99.

PA DETAILER
01-24-2015, 04:20 PM
Well, took the $40 plunge at lowes today. True temper snow dozer. Gotta say, this thing works! Cleared the driveway in a half hour from last nights storm. About 4"-5" of snow. It really moves large amounts of snow and is light and easy on the back. A win/win.

Meticulous
01-24-2015, 04:33 PM
I have to pick one up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sleper
01-24-2015, 04:34 PM
they work great used one today. because you push with your whole body not just your arms much easier great buy

ShawnF350
01-24-2015, 10:53 PM
I`ve been pushing snow at work for over 15 years using pusher shovels. Last year I bought my own Snowcaster and brought it to work.
Managed to talk work into buying them for this year.
I bought the pro one for $105. It sounds pricey until you can do your 2 car driveway and sidewalks in less than 1/2 hour. (Corner property)
https://www.thesnowcaster.com

Here`s a better video
Snow Pusher Shovel - Commercial use of The Snowcaster: Snow Pusher Shovel - Commercial use of The Snowcaster - YouTube (http://youtu.be/8GDLEXwlrEM)

Accumulator
01-25-2015, 11:49 AM
I`ll be interested to hear how different people find them, especially when used as a conventional shovel. I`m thinking specifically of the "rear postion hand" and how it is on the user`s wrists. I sometimes find "ergonomic" shovels to less than comfortable in that regard.

I push light snow (and even heavier, on the deck) with a rubber-bladed squeegee (the driveway takes a serious snowthrower).

PA DETAILER
01-25-2015, 12:02 PM
As a shovel it worked great! Yes, you have 2 handles you can use. One upper & lower. And a place to push with your foot if needed. It removes large amounts. I noticed today, my back is thanking me for this purchase!

And it looks like i`ll be back out again tomorrow. PA is calling for another 4"- 6" starting tonight into monday. :(

Accumulator
01-25-2015, 12:44 PM
As a shovel it worked great!

Ah, good!

And remember, lift with your legs ;)

fdresq4
01-25-2015, 02:03 PM
I used mine yesterday. If you are gonna use it as a shovel, I hope you have a strong body. Great for pushing but when the snow is wet and heavy...well you will get a workout. Lighter snow it is great.
A slightly smaller shovel maybe better for some with Heavy Wet snow.
With that said, I like mine. Bought it at Tractor Supply too.
Expecting 6-18, as per NWS.