PDA

View Full Version : Seat Belts

Sweekster
05-25-2004, 10:35 AM
People People!!! Greetings and Salutations!!! I don`t post on DC very often because usually a question i might have will get answered before I put it out there. But I don`t recall reading a post about this one particular thing so I figured I`d ask.

For the more experienced guys and gals out there...um...how does one bring seat belts back from the dead? What do you guys use on seat belts? I`m going to be doing an interior cleaning on my car soon and my seat belts (which used to tan) are nice and grimmy dark brown (I drive alot). Just wanted to know what you pros and more experience detailers are doing.

Thanks!!!

91LSMAN
05-25-2004, 11:27 AM
I have not tried it, but I heard that Oxy-Clean works pretty well.

membim
05-25-2004, 01:26 PM
I mix a solution of 25% simple green and 75% water. Spray the belts down and wipe. Use an old microfiber to loosen and wipe away the grime. Let your belts dry before retracting them. Hope this helps!

Beemerboy
05-25-2004, 02:53 PM
You can also buy a seat belt cleaner. Get some clothes pins to hold the belt open while you are working on them and until they dry!

stainbuster
05-25-2004, 04:17 PM
I`ve been using a Shark steamer with great success! Some greasy areas benefit from pre-spotting, but the steamer does a great job.

Whatever route you take, be cautious not to use anything that will compromise the strength of the belt.

(Great idea beemerboy; with the clothespins!)