PDA

View Full Version : MTM Foam Canon

jonpaul
02-01-2014, 01:43 AM
Well I finally had some warmer weather today, so I thought I would try out my new Karcher 1600psi washer and new mtm foam canon. I used CG Mr. pink at 3oz, and the rest with warm water. It didn`t impress me as much as I was hoping it would. I didn`t really have any foam, it was more watery but with soap suds and that was the top adjustment tuned full blast. Also I was testing on my silverado, which is a single cab and a short bed "so shorter truck" and ran out of soap before I could get the front end and hood covered. With all of this said, I get online and find a YouTube video http://youtu.be/X-W-kmvSm1c this guy has the same problem with the first foam canon. But the second which I`m guessing is what they call the "next generation" foam canon did a great job. So I`m starting to think I may have purchased the wrong one for my electric washer. To be honest I didn`t know until tonight their is two different ones, even though the paper work that came from where I purchased mine, said works great with smaller psi washers @ at least 1.3gpm, which I think mine is rated. So let me know what you think, or if you had the same issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bunky
02-01-2014, 06:17 AM
There are two MTM foam cannons one for lower pressure electrics and one for higher pressure gas units. There are questions on what "next generation" means and suspect marketing obscuring facts. Someone did a side by side on AG of these two foam cannons and their conclusion was the electric one was slightly better. I have never used Mr Pink and have a different foam cannon so I hope others will chime in.

scperk
02-01-2014, 11:36 AM
Good review. I have also been seriously thinking of getting the Chemical Guys foam cannon and possibly the Ryobi 1600psi electric pressure washer (Home Depot). I too have wondered about the "Next Generation" advertising term. All the you tube demonstrations I watched seem to work pretty well producing significant amounts of foam. Keep us informed with any new results or changes in the settings that may get the results you want.

rattlerskin
02-09-2014, 10:45 PM
I`ve used one for a while with my AR 118 and am very pleased. Assuming you have the unit rated for your powerwasher, did you adjust the twist knob on top to fine-tune the foam production? I also use Mr pink as well as honeydew and this unit performs great. Maybe your dilution and knob setting is a bit off? I use about 3 Oz of soap to 8-10 Oz of water for my first spray and that will last me enough to foam an entire Durango or Tahoe. I would suspect either the unit is rated for higher PSI or you have the dilution/knob settings a tiny bit off. Hope this helps!

lyodbraun
02-10-2014, 10:12 AM
Don`t have a Mtm cannon, but the torq from chemical guys, and I use it with my electric 1700psi and I think 1.2gpm washer with mr pink and it works great foam is thick but not as thick as I`ve seen in videos, but I`ve only used it in cold weather so far so that could be the issue... But like others have said your dial might be out of whack ? Maybe see if you could return it for another one ?

XxBoostinxX
02-10-2014, 10:19 AM
I have a MTM foam cannon and my experience has been the same. I get more liquid than I get sticky foam. It is a little odd because when I first used it I got really thick foam and now it is very watery? Maybe my dilution ratio is wrong?

Bunky
02-10-2014, 11:15 AM
I have a MTM foam cannon and my experience has been the same. I get more liquid than I get sticky foam. It is a little odd because when I first used it I got really thick foam and now it is very watery? Maybe my dilution ratio is wrong?

Are you cleaning it? They do need to be cleaned to prevent clogging. If you think about it, if you do not run it clear with just water you are letting soap dry plus if you have hard water you could have mineral build up.

XxBoostinxX
02-10-2014, 11:16 AM
Are you cleaning it? They do need to be cleaned to prevent clogging. If you think about it, if you do not run it clear with just water you are letting soap dry plus if you have hard water you could have mineral build up.

That could be my problem. We have super hard water here in Alabama. I`ll definitely check it out when I get home. Thanks for the tip bud.

jonpaul
02-10-2014, 11:44 AM
I think I got the MTM for a higher rated pressure washer. The needle valve seems to be operating fine, it ranges from pretty much clear water to a heavy watery suds. I used mr pink at. 3oz and filled it up with warm water, have also tried filling it up only 2/3 warm water, same results. Anyone wanna trade?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

tedj101
02-22-2014, 06:23 PM
I think I got the MTM for a higher rated pressure washer. The needle valve seems to be operating fine, it ranges from pretty much clear water to a heavy watery suds. I used mr pink at. 3oz and filled it up with warm water, have also tried filling it up only 2/3 warm water, same results. Anyone wanna trade?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Well, for what it is worth, I got the one that is really for gas pressure washers, but I have the Karcher 2000PSI 1.4 GPM electric. It took me a bit of fiddling to make it work well, but I do get a real foam covering over the car. I am using less product than most others here. 1 1/2 ozs (CG Citrus or Pink) per quart with HOT water. (Hot water made a world of difference!)

You want to have the valve from the bottle pretty far open and the valve on the head wide open.

I can foam a Fiat 500 and a BMW 3 series with a single bottle.

I hope this helps!

<TED>

tedj101
02-22-2014, 06:23 PM

Well, for what it is worth, I got the one that is really for gas pressure washers, but I have the Karcher 2000PSI 1.4 GPM electric. It took me a bit of fiddling to make it work well, but I do get a real foam covering over the car. I am using less product than most others here. 1 1/2 ozs (CG Citrus or Pink) per quart with HOT water. (Hot water made a world of difference!)

You want to have the valve from the bottle pretty far open and the valve on the head wide open.

I can foam a Fiat 500 and a BMW 3 series with a single bottle.

I hope this helps!

<TED>

spiralout462
02-22-2014, 11:13 PM
I do not care for Mr. Pink in a cannon or in a bucket. I also do not care for electric powered outdoor equipment. I need 4gpm and 4000psi to suit my power needs. Even with plenty of power it took me a while to get the foam I was looking for. It took turning the unloader valve down several turns and dialing the cannon way down. With 3 oz. of DG 902 I am very satisfied!