PDA

View Full Version : newbie to Autopia

ECONORAM
01-27-2014, 09:49 PM
Greetings everyone. Found the site this weekend as I was trying to learn how to get rid of the sandpaper feel the paint on my wife`s car had. Found the clay bar 101 page and after that I was sold! :yay Had to join up. Washed and clay barred the car this weekend, and then waxed it before the bad weather hits tonight. It even took off what looked like paint overspray (not sure where that came from). Want to order one of those foam bars to use instead of clay...:cool:

Started life in Illinois, been moving around the past 18 years and think San Antonio will probably be our permanent stop. Nice in winter, blazing hot in summer.

ECONORAM is what I use over in the DodgeTalk and DodgeForums. I have an 07 RAM 1500 and an 08 Avenger in the corral. Guess I need to fill in a profile somewhere. Looking forward to learning about the forum and how to better care for the vehicles...

tropicsteve
01-27-2014, 10:07 PM
welcome to AF. we`re glad you are here!

mjlinane
01-27-2014, 10:09 PM
Welcome to AutopiaForums!

Paul Mitchell
01-27-2014, 10:15 PM
Welcome to Autopia Forums!

Todd@RUPES
01-28-2014, 04:44 AM
Very nice introduction and welcome to AF! :bigups

We can get overspray in all sorts of places, from all sorts of places.. A neighbor spray painting a model car or air spraying house paint/fence/ect... At work or a retail store doing the same, being close to a body shop... Basically anywhere where paint is being sprayed for any number of reasons. I am glad the claybar worked out for you! Are there any particular foam blocks you are looking at?

Pats300zx
01-28-2014, 05:16 AM
Welcome to AF !!!!

Evan.J
01-28-2014, 10:02 AM
Welcome to the forum!

ECONORAM
01-28-2014, 09:24 PM
Very nice introduction and welcome to AF! :bigups

We can get overspray in all sorts of places, from all sorts of places.. A neighbor spray painting a model car or air spraying house paint/fence/ect... At work or a retail store doing the same, being close to a body shop... Basically anywhere where paint is being sprayed for any number of reasons. I am glad the claybar worked out for you! Are there any particular foam blocks you are looking at?

Thank you all for the welcome! I was looking at the Ultima Elastrofoam, as that was the second page I looked at on this site. It looked like a good piece to own for multiple projects, and I wouldn`t have to worry about dropping it on the ground, and I could clean and reuse it...

Todd@RUPES
01-29-2014, 08:56 AM
Thank you all for the welcome! I was looking at the Ultima Elastrofoam, as that was the second page I looked at on this site. It looked like a good piece to own for multiple projects, and I wouldn`t have to worry about dropping it on the ground, and I could clean and reuse it...

The ElastraFoam is very nice, as is the Nanoskin brand of products (towels, mitts, DA pads). It is a similar material, just different ways to use it. Nanoskin Car Care Products (http://www.autopia-carcare.com/nanoskin-autoscrub-car-care.html)

mnehls86
01-29-2014, 10:35 AM
Welcome to AF! Glad the clay worked out for you. I think the first time I clayed my car is when I got hooked. I couldn`t believe how smooth the car was.

RaysWay
01-29-2014, 11:29 AM
Welcome to AF! The clay bar does seem to be the gateway product for most car care enthusiasts because it flat out works. I upgraded from using clay bars to a Nanoskin wash mitt and haven`t looked back.