PDA

View Full Version : Pinstripe

Jellyrolls
05-24-2004, 05:06 PM
I have a 98 ext Cab Silverado..and i bought it used so i dont know if they put it on at the used car place or it came on new...but if i take it off now will the paint be faded?

Beemerboy
05-24-2004, 05:39 PM
Whats the color of the truck. I would look for an area that you can strip away just a small amount to see. I know thats kind of hard. I don`t think that it will have faded much if at all if the paint has been kept in decent condition.

On some cars I`ve had to remove the lience plates and that they have a bit of fadding. I`ve slway been able to get the paint to match.

Jellyrolls
05-24-2004, 05:51 PM
hunter green

hdsalinas
05-24-2004, 06:16 PM
I have a black corolla. Yesterday I had to take off the black trim in one of the rear doors. It was comming apart so before it fell I took it off. The paint underneath was lighter than the rest of the car. You need to get close to notice it.

I am going to clean all the residue and reattach it. I know is off topic but what should I use to reattach it to the door? I am thinking on using 3m double side adhesive tape (or whatever is called) Any suggestions?

BTW. I did take off the pinstrip too a couple of months ago. And you could not tell they were there. I just used a polisher to remove the adhesive left on the car.

it should be fine.

Jellyrolls
05-24-2004, 06:21 PM
i cant help you with the door thing...
how long have you had the car that you took the pinstripe off?

Beemerboy
05-25-2004, 10:16 AM
I`d take the stripping off then. I`d bet that you can polish the area and the color will come back if it needs that.