PDA

View Full Version : New 4runner advice

tomp
01-09-2014, 10:56 AM
I`ve got a new dark blue 4runner (2014) coming in 3-6 weeks and I was wondering how to deal with it when it arrives.
I live in Central Pa. and I have a heated garage.
The last time I purchased a new vehicle (2004 Dark Red Mitsu Endeavor) I washed and clayed the vehicle then used AIO followed by 2 coats of UPP.

The problem is that I can`t wash in the cold temps of February. I was wondering what temporary measure I could use to give some protection before doing a full detailing job.

I do have a heated garage though so I could keep it clean with Spray and Wipe. Maybe a quick detailer or spray wax to hold things together till it gets warmer would work?

Open to suggestions.

Tom P.

512detail
01-09-2014, 11:10 AM
if you have a heated garage you can rinseless wash all day long

if youre looking for quick protection before you have proper weather to do something nice to the vehicle then i would suggest a rinseless wash perhaps with wax in it or bfwd rinselss and bfwd polymer spray as a drying aid (fantastic quick results and good protection too)

opti-seal or like product is very easy for a quick sealant, wipe on-walk away

and with all the synthetic claybar alternatives you can clay that beast in a third of the time it would normally take you with a claybar

i regularly maintain a new dark grey 4 runner and sequoia. be forewarned though, the factory prep on both of these new vehicles was pretty poor if you ask me. adhesive was left on all corners and trunk from i guess the white plastic they tape them up with during travel

if your toyota came out of the San Antonio factory, then it traveled by rail...so dont polish until you get that rail dust off!

Beemerboy
01-09-2014, 12:48 PM
Congrats on the new ride. For me I would clay the car, to remove all transportation contaminants, then you could polish, but since you are in a cold weather area. For now I would protect with a good sealant like PB EXP. Then when you`re weather warms up. Polish the car and re-protect it.

RacerScott
01-09-2014, 12:57 PM
If I were taking in a new car I would clay, use a finish polish, and do a long lasting paint coating. I would also coat the wheels while they are new.

The Critic
01-09-2014, 11:22 PM
Try CarPro Reload as spray-on, wipe-off sealant. It should last 3-4 months.

If you decide to coat your car with Cquartz UK later, Reload will be used for maintenance.