PDA

View Full Version : LC Waffle Pro Pads utilize open cell foam?

Pages : [1] 2

ZL1Mark
01-03-2014, 11:44 AM
:autopia:

Todd@RUPES
01-03-2014, 12:03 PM
It depends on the foam...

Most foams, including most by Lake Country are open celled... even foams which claim to closed cell are really open celled.

The Hydro-Tech Line uses closed-cell foam.
The white foam in their standard line up (CCS, Hi-Gloss) uses a hybrid of closed and open-celled foam.
The Meguiar`s SoftBuff 2.0 burgandy cutting foam is closed cell.
Griot`s polishing "orange" foam is closed cell.

ZL1Mark
01-03-2014, 12:05 PM
It depends on the foam...

Most foams, including most by Lake Country are open celled... even foams which claim to closed cell are really open celled.

The Hydro-Tech Line uses closed-cell foam.
The white foam in their standard line up (CCS, Hi-Gloss) uses a hybrid of closed and open-celled foam.
The Meguiar`s SoftBuff 2.0 burgandy cutting foam is closed cell.
Griot`s polishing "orange" foam is closed cell.
Hey Todd,

I just spoke with Eric at LC and he said the white and orange waffle pro are closed cell. I`m wondering how these finish compared to HT`s?

FWIW, I find the white LC flat pad to gum up and spit dried polish. Not sure why...

Todd@RUPES
01-03-2014, 12:37 PM
Hey Todd,

I just spoke with Eric at LC and he said the white and orange waffle pro are closed cell. I`m wondering how these finish compared to HT`s?

FWIW, I find the white LC flat pad to gum up and spit dried polish. Not sure why...

I`m not sure but I can play with both. Have you had that problem (gumming and spitting) with SF4500?

ZL1Mark
01-03-2014, 12:41 PM
I`m not sure but I can play with both. Have you had that problem (gumming and spitting) with SF4500?

I tried it with HD ADAPT & Uber Compound. Granted, these are not light polishes, I thought they might work well with the white pad. Both polishes worked great with an HT tangerine pad. I`m going to try the waffle pro with my 3401. Never tried SF4500 with the LC white pad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

David Patterson@LakeCountry
01-03-2014, 02:09 PM
Hey Todd,

The Waffle Pro orange pad is closed cell, the Waffle Pro white pad is OPEN cell - it is not the same white polishing pad as the flat or flat CCS pads. Just to make sure there are no confusions.

ZL1Mark
01-03-2014, 02:11 PM
The Waffle Pro orange pad is closed cell, the Waffle Pro white pad is OPEN cell - it is not the same white polishing pad as the flat or flat CCS pads
I`m aware the waffle pro white is a compounding pad, not polishing. Eric told me the white waffle is closed and I think he knows best. :)

01-03-2014, 02:13 PM
What polisher are you using it with?

ZL1Mark
01-03-2014, 02:16 PM
What polisher are you using it with?
Will be trying them with the Flex 3401.

01-03-2014, 02:16 PM
I know Eric is very knowledgeable. I also work with Lake Country and can promise it is an open celled pad. There must have been some misunderstanding when you had spoke with him. I just wanted to make sure there is no confusion.

ZL1Mark
01-03-2014, 02:19 PM
I know Eric is very knowledgeable. I also work with Lake Country and can promise it is an open celled pad. There must have been some misunderstanding when you had spoke with him. I just wanted to make sure there is no confusion.
Gotcha. ;) I may have mis-understood him. The orange cell is the only closed pad in the line-up?

How do the waffle pads finish? Generally speaking...

01-03-2014, 02:23 PM
I really like that Waffle white pad with a rotary, but I must admit I haven`t worked with those combos before on a 3401. Look forward to your results and feedback for sure!

ZL1Mark
01-03-2014, 02:24 PM
I really like that Waffle white pad with a rotary, but I must admit I haven`t worked with those combos before on a 3401. Look forward to your results and feedback for sure!

I wouldn`t be interested in these pads unless I used a forced driven polisher. I`m not an avid rotary user, so the next closest is a Flex 3401.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

glfahlc1
01-03-2014, 02:25 PM
how does open cell work as opposed to close cell. does one hold polish better or is one better for compunding than polishing. what are the advantages of one over the other.

01-03-2014, 02:34 PM
I think they finish pretty well, especially when using a heavier polish or compound. I think I`ll be playing around with these pads on the 3401 this weekend.