PDA

View Full Version : Lake Country Hydro Pads

jdonnell
11-15-2013, 04:44 PM
I was going by memory and ordered LC Hydro pads, but was disappointed to see they weren`t the type I wanted. I really wanted `hydrid` pads which are my favorite. Next time I won`t rely on memory.

Question is that the hydro is `designed for water based polishes`. Can these be used with BF Gloss Enhancing Polish and Menzerna SF4500??? No ingrediants listed on the bottles, but I assume they are water based? The sealants probably not?

Stokdgs
11-15-2013, 04:56 PM
I think you wanted the Hybrid pads, not Hydrid... :)

The Hydro-Tech Pads you ordered come in 3 flavors, Cyan Tangerine, and Crimson.
They have the ability to correct and finish down really nicely.
Cyan has the most cutting ability, Tangerine has less, and Crimson is for either jeweling or applying a sealant, etc...

They are made with a dense foam that does not absorb product easily.. They will work with any product out there including the ones you mentioned, just fine..

I personally have a love/hate relationship with them because they shred when used with a Rotary aggressively.. But they still work great - no doubt about it..
Dan F

jdonnell
11-15-2013, 05:08 PM
Thanks for the info and sorry about the typo. I did mean `Hybrid`. Good that I can use the hydro but I`ll look for a sale opportunity to stock up on the hybrids.

Stokdgs
11-15-2013, 06:11 PM
Thanks for the info and sorry about the typo. I did mean `Hybrid`. Good that I can use the hydro but I`ll look for a sale opportunity to stock up on the hybrids.

Glad to help !

The Hydro-Tech pads are thick, so they will last a long time too..

I use them more than anything on a Rotary, and they can do wonders for me..

What color/s did you get ?
Dan F

jdonnell
11-15-2013, 06:33 PM
Actually, my new hydros are quite thin compared to my existing hybrid pads, but I`m sure they`ll be just fine. I got the cyan for light scratch removal, orange, and red for sealant / wax application.

Stokdgs
11-15-2013, 09:21 PM
Actually, my new hydros are quite thin compared to my existing hybrid pads, but I`m sure they`ll be just fine. I got the cyan for light scratch removal, orange, and red for sealant / wax application.

Ok, I went to the Store here and see you purchased the 7/8" version.. These will work better with the Random Orbital anyway...

The ones I get are the 1.25" thicker ones cause I spin them on a Rotary..

You did good !
Dan F

jdonnell
11-16-2013, 05:13 AM
Wow, I wish I had a store nearby like you do. I`m jealous. I`ll try the hydro pads the week of Thanksgiving. Who knows I may like them better.

Stokdgs
11-16-2013, 12:19 PM
Wow, I wish I had a store nearby like you do. I`m jealous. I`ll try the hydro pads the week of Thanksgiving. Who knows I may like them better.

Sorry, I meant the ONLine Store just above this thread... I clicked it and found the brand and went through the products listed on line here..
Dan F