PDA

View Full Version : 1Z Einszett ColourTec Wheel Cleaner first use

valleyrider
11-15-2013, 01:32 AM
I have never used a color changing wheel cleaner so I purchased some 1Z Einszett ColourTec Wheel Cleaner and used it for the first time today. I gotta say this stuff is pretty cool and works really well, smells terrible though. I sprayed it on my wheels as well as on my wife`s wheels and was very surprised at the difference in color between them. I had just washed my car last week and it had been a month since washing my wife`s yet both our wheels were about equally dirty. The wheels on my car had a huge color change while my wife`s rims had very little change in color but both came out equally as clean with minimal agitation during the process. Having this spray sure beats scrubbing for a while to get those rims clean!

My rims one week since last cleaning
http://imageshack.com/a/img812/5586/a6sx.jpg

Wife`s rims with same amount of product and one month since last cleaning
http://imageshack.com/a/img36/971/hdff.jpg

ec90
11-15-2013, 03:26 AM
It`s an awesome product, foams up much more than Sonax I`ve found, but yes it smells horrid. Worse than Sonax and for some reason it smells through the bottle. I put it in a bag and store it outside.

Performance cars are definitely going to emit more brake dust due to having more aggressive pads and rotors. I`d expect it to show more change.

Todd@RUPES
11-15-2013, 05:51 AM
Nice review. There is a significant difference between the iron content of the brake dust on the Porsche vs. the Toyota. The majority of the iron content in the brake dust comes from the rotors (not the pads) which clearly illustrated how much softer the rotors are and more aggressive the pads are in the Porsche (as expected!). :bigups

Swanicyouth
11-15-2013, 07:04 AM
I love this product.

You think it smells bad? I don`t mind it compared to IX. I thought it smelled kind of mild.

ec90
11-15-2013, 07:23 AM
I love this product.

You think it smells bad? I don`t mind it compared to IX. I thought it smelled kind of mild.
IronX is worse, but for some reason this stuff`s smell lasts much longer in my opinion.

Mike lambert
11-15-2013, 07:26 AM
I noticed also it does smell thru the bottle,stunk up my whole shop!

Pats300zx
11-15-2013, 10:30 AM
Great review...HOLY RED :bow

mnehls86
11-15-2013, 10:37 AM
Nice review. There is a significant difference between the iron content of the brake dust on the Porsche vs. the Toyota. The majority of the iron content in the brake dust comes from the rotors (not the pads) which clearly illustrated how much softer the rotors are and more aggressive the pads are in the Porsche (as expected!). :bigups

I knew there was a difference but WOW!

I got used to the smell of Sonax and don`t really mind it at all anymore. I do want to give this one a try though.

dc52nv
11-15-2013, 01:33 PM
Thanks for your review. I have yet to get my hands on this product.

valleyrider
11-15-2013, 02:17 PM
I noticed also it does smell thru the bottle,stunk up my whole shop!

I unboxed it all inside and left the shipping box in house and got yelled at an hour later for leaving that stinky box in the house, the smell does leach out some.

dc52nv
11-15-2013, 02:40 PM
Scholl Concepts Rim7 cleaner also has a stinky bottle. Works great though. :)

Old Pirate
11-15-2013, 04:21 PM
Great review there, I was wondering if all these rims cleaners ( red ones ) are from the same place?:hmmm:

But they work great as far as I seen on the forum.