PDA

View Full Version : Dad`s truck got keyed. What can I do to help?

ssorange
11-13-2013, 11:21 AM
Hi folks,

Some lowlife keyed my elderly fathers Silverado he does not really have the money to paint it. What can be done for it? Can a paint sealant can be used to protect the damaged area? I don`t know where else to get advise. What do you all recommend I do for my pop?

Thanks ahead of time for your expertise!

mrclean81
11-13-2013, 11:47 AM
Can you post some pics of the damage? Its impossible to say without seeing it. Are the scratches all the way down to metal? If so, the only thing you can do is fix it with touch up paint. If they aren`t too deep, they might be able to be wetsanded and buffed out.

JSFM35X
11-13-2013, 12:15 PM
Google dr colorchip and Lanka.

These systems are ok to excellent depending on the color of your vehicle.

It will keep it from rusting. You can also try to fill in with oem paint and wet sand a d polish if you feel comfortable with the process

ssorange
11-14-2013, 11:42 AM
Okay, Ill try to get some photos today. Its been really foggy the last couple of days. He lives on the coast. Thanks for the info so far!

Paul Mitchell
11-14-2013, 01:39 PM
If he has comprehensive insurance coverage on the truck it would be covered subject to the deductible which is usually less than the collision deductible.

RTexasF
11-14-2013, 03:54 PM
Google dr colorchip and Lanka.

These systems are ok to excellent depending on the color of your vehicle.

It will keep it from rusting. You can also try to fill in with oem paint and wet sand a d polish if you feel comfortable with the process

By the way that is LANGKA not Lanka.