PDA

View Full Version : SEMA Interivew with Dr. G from Optimum Polymer Technologies

Pages : [1] 2

Todd@RUPES
11-12-2013, 09:29 AM
At this year`s SEMA event in Las Vegas, I had a few minutes to chat with Dr.G about Optimum and this years new product offerings.

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x121/tropicaldetailing/SEMA13/DSC_1830.jpg

Autopia: Hey Dr.G, it looks like a lot of new things are going on at Optimum. I used to remember the plain labels and solid print on your products. Everything looks so pretty now...

Dr.G: When we first started we were working more towards the body shop environment. Everything was simple for ease of use. Then we moved into the OEM market and retail markets were upscale labeling is important.

Autopia: It seems like a lot is going on, what has Optimum been focusing on?

Dr. G: Things have been crazy. We are doing a lot of work with our professional side, with the coatings for professionals. We now offer a warranty and an installation kit to professionals which includes our pre-polish and Opti-Coat. On the retail side we have several new products that I`m excited about...

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x121/tropicaldetailing/SEMA13/DSC_1828.jpg

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x121/tropicaldetailing/SEMA13/DSC_1829.jpg

... first up is Opti-Glass Clean & Protect.

Autopia: What can you tell us about Opti-Glass Clean & Protect?

Dr.G: It is very easy-to-use glass cleaner that can be used by itself or onto of glass that has Opti-Glass Coating. The idea for this product actually came from Nick at Autogeek. It took us almost a year to develop a product that will clean glass streak free, while leaving behind substantial protection.

Autopia: What do you mean by substantial protection?

Dr. G: By itself, you will get about a month of high-velocity water beading in addition to a dramatic reduction in the amount of greasy film that sticks to the windshield. Best of all, its very easy to use.

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x121/tropicaldetailing/SEMA13/DSC_1758.jpg

We also have two new clay bars, which is a big deal. The yellow clay is 2 separate bars and the gray/purple bar is one large bar. They use an elastic clay which is safe for paint but very effective and cleaning the paint. You can use with diluted ONR for a great and cost-effective lubricant.

Lastly, we are going up with Optimum Carpet and Fabric Cleaner and Protectant.

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x121/tropicaldetailing/SEMA13/DSC_1761.jpg

Autopia: That sounds pretty self explanatory...

Dr.G: Ha, ha... Yes... Carpet and Fabric Cleaner is a spray and wipe solution that is safe for any carpet, fabric or upholstery in a vehicle. Simply spray and clean with a microfiber towel.

Autopia: Will it leave behind any residue that attracts dirt or mats the fibers?

Dr. G: No, not at all. It will leave behind some protective, eh, polymers. There are no soapy surfactants that will attract dirt or accelerate soiling. In fact, not only does Carpet and Fabric Cleaner and Protectant prevent staining, it reduces the amount of soil that can penetrate the fibers. Like all of our products, it is easy to use.

Autopia: Well Dr. G, I see your booth is busy so I won`t keep you further. Thanks for taking the time cover some of the new things we are looking forward to trying from Optimum!

Dr.G: Not at all Todd...

Autopia: Autopia... not Todd, Autopia, I`m undercover...

Dr.G: (puzzled look) ha ha, right... Autopia. Thank you for the support through out the years!

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x121/tropicaldetailing/SEMA13/DSC_1760.jpg

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x121/tropicaldetailing/SEMA13/DSC_1759.jpg

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x121/tropicaldetailing/SEMA13/DSC_1757.jpg

Wors
11-12-2013, 09:56 AM
Great interview Todd. Some cool new products.

Pats300zx
11-12-2013, 11:29 AM
Great interview Todd. I can`t wait to try the Fabric Protector.

cleanmycorolla
11-12-2013, 11:40 AM
I got to meet Dr G at SEMA last year, great guy, very personable, not too mention he gave me a sample of like every product to try haha. I want to try the glass cleaner and protectant over my DP glass coated windows.

Nutbread
11-12-2013, 12:11 PM
Thank You Todd. :yourrock

dc52nv
11-12-2013, 01:47 PM
Great interview, Todd! I am a huge fan of Optimum products and can`t wait to try some of their new line. I noticed in a couple of pictures, there is a bottle of ID&GE in one of their new bottles/sprayers. Did they just simply repackage them or is there a new formula to them? My guess is it`s just a new bottle and sprayer but I just want to make sure. I have tons of ID&GE left and use it as a drying agent after all my washes. LOVE IT!

Todd@RUPES
11-12-2013, 03:32 PM
Great interview, Todd! I am a huge fan of Optimum products and can`t wait to try some of their new line. I noticed in a couple of pictures, there is a bottle of ID&GE in one of their new bottles/sprayers. Did they just simply repackage them or is there a new formula to them? My guess is it`s just a new bottle and sprayer but I just want to make sure. I have tons of ID&GE left and use it as a drying agent after all my washes. LOVE IT!

They haven`t announced a new formula.

AutopiaTech
11-12-2013, 04:24 PM
Great idea Todd.

I`ve been waiting for a ready-to-use version of Opti-Glass Clean & Protectant (Concentrate) for quite some time. The new ready-to-use version is a great way to try to the product out before committing to a $50 purchase of the concentrate.

Nutbread
11-12-2013, 06:27 PM

Good eye. I`ll bet they just decided to offer a smaller size - looks like 8oz based on the opti-seal bottle next to it. I might get some to try the sprayer.

Todd@RUPES
11-13-2013, 10:59 AM
Great idea Todd.

I`ve been waiting for a ready-to-use version of Opti-Glass Clean & Protectant (Concentrate) for quite some time. The new ready-to-use version is a great way to try to the product out before committing to a $50 purchase of the concentrate.

If it is like any of the other Optimum offerings, I am sure it will be great.

radarryan
11-14-2013, 01:49 AM
I am interested to see if they will market their pre-coating polish to the general public, not just their authorized detailers. Seems to me like they could save themselves a lot of calls and emails about Opti-Coat 2.0 failing due to improper decontamination of polishing oils (if not using Optimum polishes).

I`d also be interested to see if there is any cross-the-line applications between these new pre-coating polishes (DP, Pinnacle, Optimum) and their respective mates. It would stand to reason that if the DP product removes all the oils the same as the Optimum product, they would be interchanged and used together, but who knows...

Thanks for the interview Todd, wait, I mean Autopia...

Stokdgs
11-14-2013, 04:32 AM
I have the Dealer requirements and they did not offer the pre coating polish there at all.

But they are selling the Pro version of Opti-Coat and it looks like the price went up 100% from last time I bought it.

Everything they are offering to authorized dealers has about 100% price increase I think..

Dan F

Todd@RUPES
11-18-2013, 10:35 AM
I am interested to see if they will market their pre-coating polish to the general public, not just their authorized detailers. Seems to me like they could save themselves a lot of calls and emails about Opti-Coat 2.0 failing due to improper decontamination of polishing oils (if not using Optimum polishes).

I`d also be interested to see if there is any cross-the-line applications between these new pre-coating polishes (DP, Pinnacle, Optimum) and their respective mates. It would stand to reason that if the DP product removes all the oils the same as the Optimum product, they would be interchanged and used together, but who knows...

Thanks for the interview Todd, wait, I mean Autopia...

My pleasure!!! Hahahaha

Woob
11-19-2013, 01:22 PM
Optimum is awesome. Pro version comes at a different price for many different reasons.

Todd@RUPES
11-19-2013, 02:42 PM
Optimum is awesome. Pro version comes at a different price for many different reasons.

Yep. We are lucky their consumer products are so good, so we can all experience the amazing products OPT offers :)