PDA

View Full Version : How long should i be waiting...?

zesty-man
05-22-2004, 05:38 PM
how long should i be waiting for DACP to "dry" on the paint. im not too sure on this one. should i do i the whole car with the PC, and buff all of it off at once, or should i do one panel at a time? im just not too srue on this one, beceause if you leave it on for an extended period of time, sometimes its hard to come off. but if you try to buff it off too soon, it just smears. any ideas? same applys to ssr1 and NXT

Woob
05-22-2004, 05:48 PM
DACP is sorta tricky to use. Its a polish, so you don`t let it dry at all. Keep working it in whichever way you are doing it. Then when its very powdery / dusty just buff off. The product should have broken down. There might be some marring, so follow up with a minor polish.

Jngrbrdman
05-22-2004, 05:49 PM
DACP doesn`t need to dry. Its not protecting the paint or anything like that. You should work it with the PC till there is very little left on the surface and then buff off the rest. The products that need to `dry` are waxes and sealants. Polishes just need to be used and then buffed off.

If DACP is smearing then you are either using too much or not working it in long enough. You need to really work it. 5 to 10 minutes per panel is not too much time. If you spend 2 minutes on setting 4 and then try to buff it off then you`ll get a streaky mess. Take some more time with it and see if the streaking subsides.

zesty-man
05-22-2004, 06:26 PM
k, thanks for the super fast reply. how about ssr1?

Woob
05-22-2004, 06:29 PM
Same thing. Work till its almost gone and dusty. Should be easy to take off residue.

Its very light, so you should be fine

zesty-man
05-22-2004, 06:32 PM
k thanks for the help. i guess that means i should just work my way, panel to panel, something like this...

use pc to put on dacp/ssr1, keep going until its nearly gone
buff off
start new panel

Woob
05-22-2004, 06:45 PM
I wouldn`t mix at all. You never know if the pad has absorbed some of the DACP and there is still some high abrasive material. Just rinse out, it should help break SSR1.

I see you have a PC. Good for you :bigups

JeffBruce
05-22-2004, 06:58 PM
With a Rotary, its a different story.." 5 to 10 minutes per panel"...ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
jeff

kimwallace
05-22-2004, 07:14 PM
With SSR1 you can do the entire car and then wipe it off if you want. One of the things I like better with the SSR products is that they are easier to wipe off than DACP or SFP ... plus I don`t get the gumming like I sometimes do with Meguiars.
Just my opinion!

zesty-man
05-23-2004, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by Woob
I wouldn`t mix at all. You never know if the pad has absorbed some of the DACP and there is still some high abrasive material. Just rinse out, it should help break SSR1.

I see you have a PC. Good for you :bigups

do you think im a fool! hehe, i use different pads for different products.

Woob
05-23-2004, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by zesty-man
do you think im a fool! hehe, i use different pads for different products.

:LOLOL You did vote for Yasmine.... :lmfao J/K I will probably be ordering one once I get back in a month.

zesty-man
05-23-2004, 12:26 PM
boooooooooo

Nickc0844
05-23-2004, 08:34 PM
Hey Zesty,

I ran into the same problems initially. My buds basically covered it, but with both those products being so liquidy, a little will definitely go a long way, but at the same time, it is easier to see when DACP has REALLY worked itself into the paint.

Personally, and this does depend on the weather, I will do about 2 good size panels before putting the PC down and grabbing a MF. With SSR1 and 2.5, I can wait longer :)

Good luck dude, and lets get rockin` on the new digi-cam!

zesty-man
05-23-2004, 09:09 PM
oh, ill post some pics rite now!